I've got a pair of boots that i kinda want to resole.

Im curious of what the average cost to have this done is, compared to just buying a new pair.

The boots if they still make them were selling between $120.00-$150.00 but by far my favorite boots ever, yet the soles that come on them just don't last long.

Need more info. First, what type of construction? All Glue, Welted midsole? Did you wear out the midsole or the insole? Welted outsole, no midsole? There are a lot of different ways they are put together and how you wore all of that out is going to determine the price. Go to a real cobbler, not one of the ones in the mall, they just know grind and glue at the mall.

With a good pair of soles and heels, $70, but take them in for an estimate.

Art

Those are worn through but not to the stiffer part that is sewn on to the boots. If that makes sense lol don't know the correct terms for this stuff.

Here is a stock pic offline:

wolve45606_4168_jb.jpg

It is really only worth it to me if i get something better put on the bottom that will last longer.

So in dummy terms, the part that touches the ground is worn, they are almost hollow when worn through. lol!!

thanks for responding

It sounds like the midsole is intact or can be buttered with some cork. This is just a matter of taking the heel off, grinding down the outsole, and putting on a new outsole and heel. Your cobbler should be able to advise you on a good outsole and heel. Sixty Bucks.

Art

Thanks, haven't had time to search but sounds like a plan!