Sign in to follow this  
mendedbowl

First Seat, But Not For A Motorcycle

I've been wanting to try my hand at motorcycle seats, but haven't had a request for one yet. So i did this job for a little practice and for advertisement. (there are a lot of bikers working at this manufacturing plant)

the maintenance and control persons use industrial tricycles to haul themselves and their tools from place to place quickly inside this large indoor facility. the one pictured here is used by a friend of mine, and you can see from the before picture just how badly his seat was in need of recovering. he had gotten tired of it chewing on his tender parts and he thought i would just do a simple little recover job.

I wanted to do it right, so i redid the foam and personalized the seat for the department he works in.

i wasn't able to take the seat home, i had to install it there at the plant in a rush, so i was a little unhappy about some puckers that i didn't have time to work out. but my friend was so happy with the end results that he offered free website development (his hobby) when i finally get ready to put up a site.

the first day i received eight inquiries about other work. I'm working on two of those projects now.

thanks for looking, any advice on how to improve will be greatly appreciated.

ken

post-7364-036645300 1289162827_thumb.jpg

post-7364-027355500 1289163495_thumb.jpg

post-7364-097415800 1289163515_thumb.jpg