Dennis Lanigan

Leatherworking Handbook By Valerie Michael: $80-$1169?

Does anyone have an explanation for why this book is so expensive now? (the less expensive $28 version is the previous edition which I can get at my library).

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherworking-Handbook-Illustrated-Sourcebook-Techniques/dp/1844034747/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_t_1_D61S

I sadly lost my copy and need it bad...but I'm not spending that much just for a book!

Dennis

It must be currently out of print. I agree that it's a great book, but it's sure not worth that. I would think another print run has to be in the works. It is popular.

It's not out of print, you just have to look around, I got one back in February 2013 for $18.95 including the shipping which was brand new still in the plastic wrapper, which was the 2012 version. If I remember correctly I got mine from Books A Million.

I too saw the crazy prices they had on Amazon, which is why I started looking elsewhere for it, and I was lucky enough to find it for a decent price.

Karina

She is selling them on Amazon for about $16.00

.http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Leatherworking-Handbook-Illustrated-Sourcebook/dp/1844034747/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A65HKFB2Q1YTT

I've found abebooks.com to be a great source for used and out-of-print books. There are a few of Valerie Michael's books there. I purchased mine through the site.

books a million has it for $14.00

Just ordered on from Books A Million, $21.06 including tax / shipping. Received a confirmation which said would ship 2 - 4 weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed.