This wallet I designed off a picture I found on Pintrest. Has an area to keep a few cards and the large area is supposed to be able to hold cash. It is a very simple design as not to take up much room.

post-48901-0-25912400-1432236504_thumb.j

post-48901-0-93547200-1432236509_thumb.j

It probably is not needed but I am paranoid so I put that there to help hold the money in.

cool design but personally, using rivets instead of sewing the top flap on gives it a half thought out design since everything else is sewn.

stitching is also kind of rough. Did you use pricking irons or a stitching wheel to place them or just eyeballed it? Inside stitches look more evenly placed from the edge so maybe it was the angle of your awl going through the leather.

Edges don't look like they were burnished either

The reason for the rivets was the flap was an after thought...lol.

I get shaky punching the holes thanks to arthritis. And I did burnish but I need to start using an oil or something to make it more distinct.

even as an after thought, you could have sewn it in place

might sound odd but you could use an awl blade in a drill press to punch your holes,just don't turn it on

Thinking about it now you are right about sewing it in even as an after thought...drill press is a good idea but currently mine is in storage.

wouldn't need a full sized one. I have a dremel work station that use on thick leather

even as an after thought, you could have sewn it in place

might sound odd but you could use an awl blade in a drill press to punch your holes,just don't turn it on

I use a drill press, works great. I bought an auxiliary drill press table with a fence, helps alot.