Sign in to follow this  
Patrice

Modelling tools.

Hi!

The title says it all. Does the newe Tandy line is great? I knew that Paul Burnett talked about them, but, i'm not sure.

So, if you know where i can buy mid-level tool, let the forum and me know.

Have a great day.

...So, if you know where i can buy mid-level tool, let the forum and me know...

Norm Lynds, Toolmaker

Mallets, Modelers, embossing tools, lifters and others on request

Phone: (425) 357-1001

E-mail: sagerat2003@yahoo.com

Bob Stelmack

Peter Main makes a great modeling tool. I think it was 35.00 or so when I bought it. I love it.

Bob: Thank you for this contatc.

Wildrose: Where a canadian like me can buy Peter's moddeling tool?

Bob: Thank you for this contatc.

Wildrose: Where a canadian like me can buy Peter's moddeling tool?

I think Peter's tool is now $38.00 U.S., but hands down the best I've used. You can contact him directly through his email. He told me he was going to London, Norway and Germany for some classes, but he should be back in a couple of weeks. I don't know if he's got access to email or not, but for his email, Click here.

Edited by Rawhide

I use the Tandy modeling tools- some old ones, and a couple of the newer ones. The newer ones are more comfortable to grip, and don't seem to suffer QC as badly as the stamps. I've taken some advice offered by Peter Main (to someone else) and decided that if a tool doesn't do exactly what I want....MODIFY IT! That's made a huge difference in the way the tools perform. Some things get introduced to a sander/grinder, others only get a light filing to sharpen an edge. And most importantly.....it's not the tool, it's the artist. Get some 'middle of the road' modeling tools and start practicing with them.

Thank you all folks.

Sometimes, i wish i could live south of the border ( USA is south from Canada) :evillaugh:

We have a 3 year program here in Montreal, but i must attend course full time and i can afford lossing my job and get back to school.

We have a Tandy Leather Factory also in Montréal, but i don't think they are offering any workshop.

Do you know if some of you greatest leather workers in USA came from time to time in" La Belle Province" (Québec) or in Canada?

I wish i could attend on of their workshop.

Anyway, thank's again.

I have a full set of the new Tandy modeling tools. They are fairly comfortable with the rubber grip, but the chrome tends to flake off during use, so I dont use them much until I can get around to cleaning them up a bit.

John

Patrice

I was up in Sheridan WY and bought a set of Barry King's modeling spoon. I like them. I have hard water down here, and plated tools or carbon tools don't cut it. Rubbing leathers with carbon tools tend to turn projects green/black.

Barry's tools are stainless. I don't know the price... give him a ring.. next week. ... 307.672 5657

Good tools are hard to beat.

Happy tooling

Tim