Sign in to follow this  
JS22

Springfield And Wickett & Craig ?

I am in the planning stages of building a Cowboy rig. I'm going to need 4 weights of leather including the lining to build it as I want. I don't need a whole side for each weight, so I've been looking for a vendor who sells nice double shoulders. One of the sponsors of this site has caught my attention with their wholesale membership. With what I need to purchase, I would think that the $30 would pay for itself immediatly. The vendor is Springfield leather. Any comments on them good or bad? Only problem with their site is their is no way to see what wholesale actually is, I guess unless you first purchase the membership. I'm the kinda person who kinda needs to know first, If you know what I mean. Anyone have insight on this? The site says anywhere between 10 to 20%. Again, is it 10% or is it 20%? Lastly, Does Wickett sell shoulders? Sure can't find mention on their site.

Thanks!

I have used both Wickett & Craig as well as Herman Oak from Springfield Leather. Both carry good quality leather. I have only purchased sides of leather from Wickett & Craig, Springfield Leather has shoulders as well as sides and lining leather available. I have business pricing so I can't help you out there, however if you give Springfield Leather a call they will be glad to help you figure out what you need for your project, and you can ask what the membership cost is per square foot. They are straight shooters and don't try to sell a lot of what you don't need just to make a sale. I have ordered both over the phone and in person (was just down there this weekend) I have always been pleased with the hides they have shipped me when I have not been able to pick them out in person. Hope this helps - Deb

I buy a few double shoulders from Springfiled Leather from time to time. Some are nice, some are not. Just depends on who has went in and picked through their pile that week. But the price is the best Ive found anywhere. St Louis Leather has good prices too, but its really hit and miss on the quality of leather they send you.

The reason they say 10-20% is that the prices vary per product, For instance, Kangaroo Lace doesn't get a discount even for wholesale folks but the Fiebings dye is about 15% disc. All depends on what you're looking to buy.

Their wholesale club is pretty much the same as Tandy's so if you want an idea of what price differences are, check Tandy's site on a couple of items to get an idea. Either way if you plan on buying any amount of materials from them the membership is worth it.

I have used Springfield Leather Co. a number of times.

The customer service, products, shipping time, etc. is TOP NOTCH.

Great people to deal with :)