Sign in to follow this  
barra

sad news

Thank you Barra, this is a true loss.

Oh no - how sad. But to tell the truth I had been expecting to hear about this for a while.

The last time I saw Ray he did not look so good... I live at a pretty high altitude and he had to have oxygen up here as he did his clinic. But he was still up on that horse, still riding better than anyone I had ever seen. He still had the best timing and the best feel for a horse.

This is so sad but hopefully his many students can keep the tradition alive. He was an advocate for the horse and hopefully others will stand with Ray on the side of the horse.

Oh no - how sad. But to tell the truth I had been expecting to hear about this for a while.

The last time I saw Ray he did not look so good... I live at a pretty high altitude and he had to have oxygen up here as he did his clinic. But he was still up on that horse, still riding better than anyone I had ever seen. He still had the best timing and the best feel for a horse.

This is so sad but hopefully his many students can keep the tradition alive. He was an advocate for the horse and hopefully others will stand with Ray on the side of the horse.

Same here... I'm not suprised but its sure sad. As Chris Ledoux put it in a song of his, "Theres one Hell of a cowboy in Heaven now!"

That truly is a a sad piece of news. I didn't know Mr. Hunt, but almost every horse clinician working today owes something to him. The Parellis, Clinton Anderson, Charles Wilhelm, Josh Lyons... they all benefitted from Ray Hunt's knowledge and experience.

Damn. I think I'm gonna go spend some time with my horses now and send some thanks to Mr. Hunt for what he's taught us.

Edited by TrooperChuck