Fredo

Still Practicing,

Hard for me to not see only mistakes. I'd love to hear some input. Give it to me straight Doc, I can take it..

post-16157-0-34080000-1404357802_thumb.j

Fredo, that looks good to me. The only thing that caught my eye was the thumb prints. I think maybe they would look a little better if they were walked a little instead of just stamping one impression. good job Troy

Thanks Troy, I'll keep the thumb print moving on the next try

First, is this your design or a copy? The flow looks good, and your stems are well balanced. There are a couple of ways to approach your weaknesses: stamping and swivel knife technique. Swivel knife technique is more difficult, so I won't tackle that. Your stamping may be easier to improve because you need a few more stamps that will improve your stamping. First, you need to bring out your flower centers by using a lined shader moving outward from the centers edge into the petal. Another stamp that will enhance your work are lifters. They are used to lift up the leather on petals to create depth. And, one final note is your backgrounding. It doesn't seem uniform (muddy looking). I don't know if it's your stamp, or if you're not letting your leather case well enough.

Your work is looking good, and will improve with practice.

Ron