Sign in to follow this  
King's X

Big Splash!

Here is some of my latest creations. The "Bass" was part of the George Hurst embossing class where we did an eagle's head. We finished so ahead of time that he asked if we wanted to start another project. Duh, of course. So we did the "Bass." I didn't finish it during class, so over time, I organized it for a B-day gift for my boss. He is a big time bass fisherman?

The second project was a F.O. Baird Pocket Secretary pattern that was part of our guild's monthly challenge. This one took first place and I won a laser engraved rosewood mechanical pencil with the guild name and the month that I won. Very nice pencil! I lined the interior with black gator.

Finally, the 3rd project was something that I was playing around with. I recently told "Deno" the son of Gene Noland that I saw this pattern of his father, which was published as a "beer stein" holder. I decided to make some changes and turn it into a beer koozie. The interior is a foam koozie that I bought at Michael's for .33 cents. Better than the fake stuff in the Tandy kits. Anyways, I hope you like them. Please critque away. I am always looking for ways to better my craft.

Thanks for looking.

:whatdoyouthink:

bass_1.jpg

bass_4.jpg

FO_BAIRD_NOTEBOOK_1.jpg

FO_BAIRD_NOTEBOOK_2.jpg

FO_BAIRD_NOTEBOOK_3.jpg

KOOZIE_1.jpg

KOOZIE_2.jpg

post-6330-1247113015_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1247113035_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1247113051_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1247113060_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1247113070_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1247113081_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1247113093_thumb.jpg

Edited by King's X

Great projects, very nicely done.

I like the beer cuzy, gotta make me one or two of those.

Hello

very nice leatherwork you made "BUT"

a bier stein is "THIS"

greetings from bavaria

Steinkrug_Koenig_Luwig2.jpg

Steinkrug_Koenig_Luwig3.jpg

post-6206-1247128641_thumb.jpg

post-6206-1247128648_thumb.jpg

I really like your bass project, great job. If you want a critique, I'd say cutting a ring of leather and box stitching it to the top of the coozie would be a simple addition that would hide the blue coozie a bit, maybe giving it a more finished look. Really nice work though.

I appreciate all of the comments. As for the "Bier Stein" was only writing down the actual title of the article. This original project wrapped around a typical october fest glass stein with a handle.

Appreciate you~

Thanks a lot King, you know I'm going to have to make a dozen of those now myself. Looks great, and I like the idea. Lucky for me I still have the original art work to go by. Maybe I'll lay the pattern and design out and give it out to anyone that would like it. Thanks for doing it, I've been hoping to see someone do one of my dad's designs. My best to you, Dennis.