esantoro

In need of a new shop toy: a good handheld mini-vacuum

Because I hate lugging out the full-size vacuum when needed, though it is a good one, I usually wait too long to tidy up areas, which makes me less productive than I could be.

Can anyone recommend a good mini vacuum for the work shop? I guess, now that I've thought about it, that what I'm probably looking for is a mini shop vac that can be easily picked up, used, and stored away.

ed

I bought a small 1 gal Sears shop vac. I've had it for many years, and works just like it's bigger brothers, you just have to empty it more

Make that two votes from this house (I am voting a proxy for Rundi too) for the 1 gal Shop Vac. All the other Shop Vac attachments I have like extension wands and ends will go on them. One of my local sewing machine/vaccum repairman says - "Enough suction that if they had one in the OB, childbirth would be a pleasure, and a lot faster".

I don't know if there are any good ones available....

Everything I've read says that even the best ones suck. :eusa_naughty:

3 votes for 1 gal shop vac. The only issue is they are noisy. That's easily handled by putting the base unit in a box lined with foam/carpet scraps/sound baffles/etc and having a longer hose. A 'plus' for them is that they are wet/dry vacs, and handle either with applomb.

3 votes for 1 gal shop vac. The only issue is they are noisy. That's easily handled by putting the base unit in a box lined with foam/carpet scraps/sound baffles/etc and having a longer hose. A 'plus' for them is that they are wet/dry vacs, and handle either with applomb.

Is this the 1 gallon shop vac that is being suggested?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...;ci_sku=8477890

Or is it another with a higher amperage?

Thanks.

Ed

Apparently they call it a 2 gal vac:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0...eyword=shop+vac

but this is what I have..albeit an older model

Ed, I've got the older version of the model to which you posted a link; it looks like the current model has more goodies. Rdb's looks like the next size up. Either should suit you just fine. I've used mine for everything from the shop, to vacuuming the car, and lots of things in-between.

Small note on the smaller size- at least the version I have- is that you can't swap the hose to the exhaust to use it as an HVLP inflator.

Mine is a ShopVac 1X1. Looks like the WalMart one may have replaced it.

I don't know if there are any good ones available....

Everything I've read says that even the best ones suck. :eusa_naughty:

:NEWFUNNYPOST::evillaugh:

I use a Wall mtd Garage vac, was less than 100 and has a long hose that reaches everywhear in the shop...Takes up no floor space and the hopper is larger than the Gal size!