Finished this iPhone holster today.

Made to accept phone that has magpul cover already on it. Double protected.

Phone Can be charged without removing from holster.

I like how it looks with phone lit up from the front.

post-53186-0-73795200-1404364672_thumb.jpost-53186-0-61634300-1404364688_thumb.jpost-53186-0-55081100-1404364720_thumb.jpost-53186-0-46320600-1404364743_thumb.jpost-53186-0-34451000-1404364760_thumb.jpost-53186-0-21742900-1404364776_thumb.j

Looks great, great stitching, really like the hole pattern on the front. Might the rivets scratch the phone or screen if the phone is put in backwards? Pesonally I dont care if my phone gets scratched ( Except for the screen) but I work with a lot of people that would have a conniption(SP?) if their phone got\gets a scratch.

Really a nice job.

Edited by kwelna

They are single cap so the backside/ inside is very flat. And the holster is designed to fit a phone that is already in a magpul protective case. Since I made this for myself I didn't line it for protection from rivets. That all being said, if I was going to make one for someone else I probably would line the inside for scratch protection. Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

Great looking pouch.

Nice I just got a new phone and a new holster is on my list.

Looks great! I especially like the effort you put into the design.

Amen to all Kudos. Recognizing the 'Role Model' role that our own pieces play, I would add a couple of features.

1) On the front, at the top I would take ~3/4-1" round end punch and put a little 'thumb tab relief' to give opportunity for a more secure grip for extraction, and

2) Even if you never use it, a small security strap that is sized to close over the device and down low, somewhere to snap snug on the forword side when not in use. Forward side will be more snag proof than back if any open, exposed 'loops' are part of design.

The reason for #2 being mostly for pick pocket protection in crowd situations.

Thanks for the suggestions. But the phone does fit quite snugly as it is so not worried at all about it falling out, and as for pickpockets... it's a 3G so they can have if they want it that bad. Not under contract either .lol. Since it's a touch screen iPhone, I prefer to not grab by the top of screen. Usually I will push it up from the bottom first then grab the sides to remove the rest of the way from the holster all in one motion. What I would definitely do different on the next one tho is to make the belt loop specifically for the belt being used. I left the loop on the back of this a little larger like 2 inch to accommodate many belts even tho my main belt is 1.5 inch, so the holster does hang a little loose on the belt. That is the main Change I would make. I do love getting suggestions tho, thanks !

Great, clean edges! Awesome stitch too. Did you stitch with two needles or one?