Quillleather

Me Pops Made Me A Pony

Thought y'all might like to see this. My dad made this stitching horse. Pretty cool. Holds tight too.

It is Foot operated. Will add a removeable spring in between jaws later so it will open by itself when foot pressure is releasedpost-53186-0-19585300-1406082390_thumb.jpost-53186-0-36484400-1406082411_thumb.jpost-53186-0-13634300-1406082439_thumb.jpost-53186-0-92486400-1406082454_thumb.jpost-53186-0-69076300-1406082483_thumb.j

Dude...that is awesome. It would be even more awesome if I didn't have to stand on my head to view it correctly!

Dunno, it's right side up for me when I view it. Just turn your computer over. :)

Solid advice. I am attempting it right now! LOL.

Actually it is right side up, but you have to view it when you are south of the equator........

Looks like he built a very nice piece of equipment even if it is upside-down.

Nice look animal from anyside :) Cheryl

Nice pony! I assume you like to do your stitching the bat way? :P

I don't know what y'all are talkin about , pic looks fine on my iPad.

post-53186-0-29863700-1406163798_thumb.jpost-53186-0-93100300-1406163819_thumb.jpost-53186-0-47921300-1406163837_thumb.j

Are these right side up on a desktop?

Apple IOS knows the orientation of the camera from the XIF data stored with the picture. MS and some other OSs don't pay any attention to the camera orientation data so photos could be any orientation. IOS users need to determine which way is up for their device so other operating systems can display it correctly. Alternatively, MS could get some smarts and use the XIF data to help their displays. But that is probably too much to expect out of MS.

And yes, that's a fine animal!

Tom

Upside down on the first pics, sideways on the second ones on my laptop. Anyways, have fun using it and you will always think of your dad when using it many years from now. My brother built me one maybe 25-30 years ago based on the Stohlman plans. It has seen regular use in a working shop and is still holding up. Jaws are still tight where they were glued up at the top, not carved as your dad did on yours. We thought carving looked like too big of a hassle! Enjoy!

North mount - thanks for the info, I figured it was something like that, but I am not very computer smart. I will have to play around til I find the way that works. Thanks