steve mason

pearson machine for sale

I am frustrated as hell, I have had this pearson sewing machine for a few years now, and I can't make it stitch well. I have tried everything and talked with every pearson machine expert I can think of. I know that the pearsons are some of the most complicated machines ever made, there is just to many things to adjust and way to many moving parts on this machine for me to figure out. So I think I will have to sell this machine and get one of these new Chi-comm machines.

Thanks for letting me vent, I will have the pearson listed on the for sale page soon, it will be cheap because it don't sew well.

Steve

Howdy;

I have a peason sewing machine for sale, includes spare shuttle, bobbins and needles. the machine is not on a stand or treadle, bobbin winder included.

To be honest I have not been able to get this machine to stitch well, I know many that can get them to stitch well but I am not one of them, so if you are mechanically inclined this is the manchine for you.

$1000 in Canadian funds OBO

PM me if you are interested.

Steve

2007_03_15_10_10_30_0017.JPG

post-1787-1238595644_thumb.jpg

Here are photos of "Goldie", my Pearson. I've owned her for about 5 years and wouldn't sell her for anything.

That wasn't always true -- when I first got her, it took me about a month of tinkering, on and off, to get her to work reliably. There were moments during taht time when I got really frustrated and wanted to give up, but she's now a joy to work with.

I originally wanted to be able to use linen thread as well as nylon, but I did concede that fight. I found that switching between nylon and linen requires quite a bit of readjustment, probably due to the difference in friction. So I stick to nylon and we're both happier.

It's too bad your Pearson doesn't have the treadle base -- I'd take you up on your offer in a heartbeat. It's tough to sew a 5 foot britchen or other harness strap just turning the wheel by hand, though.

If you want to describe what troubles you're having with your Pearson, I would be willing to give you some suggestions that might help.

--DeeAnna

treadleStitcherFront.jpg

treadleStitcherSide.jpg

post-10003-1238598509_thumb.jpg

post-10003-1238598555_thumb.jpg

Steve,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Pearson. If you need any parts let me know as I have them in stock. I have most of the wearing parts in stock. Usually it is a simple adjustment if all the parts are running smoothly.

Cheers,

Henry Veenhoven

Toronto, Otario

416-231-1870

DeeAnna,

I believe I sold you your Pearson as a matter of fact. Sorry to hear it took a month to get it figured out but glad to hear you enjoy it now.

I have more of them to sell if you know of anyone interested in one.

Cheers,

Henry Veenhoven

416-231-1870

Here are photos of "Goldie", my Pearson. I've owned her for about 5 years and wouldn't sell her for anything.

That wasn't always true -- when I first got her, it took me about a month of tinkering, on and off, to get her to work reliably. There were moments during taht time when I got really frustrated and wanted to give up, but she's now a joy to work with.

I originally wanted to be able to use linen thread as well as nylon, but I did concede that fight. I found that switching between nylon and linen requires quite a bit of readjustment, probably due to the difference in friction. So I stick to nylon and we're both happier.

It's too bad your Pearson doesn't have the treadle base -- I'd take you up on your offer in a heartbeat. It's tough to sew a 5 foot britchen or other harness strap just turning the wheel by hand, though.

If you want to describe what troubles you're having with your Pearson, I would be willing to give you some suggestions that might help.

--DeeAnna

Steve,

Give me a call, I think you will be disappointed in the "Chi-comm machines" if you get one of those. A Pearson will out sew one of those any day if set properly. And they are about as simple as you can get as all the moving elements are visible, not hiding somewhere in a casting.

If you need any parts I have them in stock if that helps.

Cheers,

Henry Veenhoven

Toronto, Ontario

416-231-1870

I am frustrated as hell, I have had this pearson sewing machine for a few years now, and I can't make it stitch well. I have tried everything and talked with every pearson machine expert I can think of. I know that the pearsons are some of the most complicated machines ever made, there is just to many things to adjust and way to many moving parts on this machine for me to figure out. So I think I will have to sell this machine and get one of these new Chi-comm machines.

Thanks for letting me vent, I will have the pearson listed on the for sale page soon, it will be cheap because it don't sew well.

Steve

Steve

Let me know what it is & how much, I am only 4 hrs. from you see if my banker (wife) will allow me to get a machine.

Al

Steve,

Don't give up yet.

It'll probably be something really basic. I have had a time of it myself with my Pearson(s). Bottom tension is a sod to get right, but is easy to adjust when you get there.

It could be a worn or damaged part, or something clogged up with crap. The bobbin shuttle is sometimes the culprit. Might need a new spring and screws.

Try unsetting all the tension devices all the way back to 'factory fresh', no tension on anything, top or bottom, and try to get it going from a clean start.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Karl

Hi, Henry! Yes, you did. I am very content with my purchase. I put her on wheels so I can save space in my shop -- that works very well for me. I'd like to order another bobbin and maybe a different presser foot for her one of these days -- ya gotta do a little extra now and then to keep a girl like her happy, you know! :rolleyes: --DeeAnna

HAHAHAHA!!!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Sell my pearson for a 1000 bucks,,, :youwish: trade it in for a chi-comm machince,,, hell no, not a chance :evillaugh: . This machine is awesome, a pearson stitches better than any chi-comm machine could on her worst day. I wouldn't give my brothers left testie for this machine. :devil:

I just felt the need to do a little april fools prank, I did get a couple phone calls from couple guys who know me well enough and saw right through my joke, but I did get a few of you to bite on my prank, hope you take it in the humor that I posted it with.

I had a good laugh hope you did to.

Steve

HAHAHAHA!!!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Sell my pearson for a 1000 bucks,,, :youwish: trade it in for a chi-comm machince,,, hell no, not a chance :evillaugh: . This machine is awesome, a pearson stitches better than any chi-comm machine could on her worst day. I wouldn't give my brothers left testie for this machine. :devil:

I just felt the need to do a little april fools prank, I did get a couple phone calls from couple guys who know me well enough and saw right through my joke, but I did get a few of you to bite on my prank, hope you take it in the humor that I posted it with.

Steve

Freakin hilarious

Steve,

Careful, It might be a real Wolf one day.

Karl

...I had a good laugh hope you did to....

<sigh> I can't speak for Henry or the others, but I can't say I enjoyed your little "joke". Practical jokes are best served on friends, not strangers making a sincere offer to help. First time, shame on me. Next time ... well there won't be a next time.

--DeeAnna

Steve, brutha you are one sick dewd. I figured something was up, as I think I remember when you got that Pearson you said it had been your grandfathers? Any way, I was about to give you a call just to make sure you were joking. adios, JW.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Steve

I know it isn't April 1st anymore, but a :NEWFUNNYPOST: anyway.

Steve,

May the fleas of 1000 camels infest your armpits!

Steve,

May the fleas of 1000 camels infest your armpits!

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!! but why do my armpits now itch??

:rolleyes2:

Enjoy it while it lasts Steve.

You got me good.

But, as DeeAnna says, there won't be a next time.

Good will is a finite resource .

Karl

Edited by badger

I think some folks need to lighten up!! I thought it was pretty funny!!

Mike

now thats funny Steve, for a second there I thought you may have fallen off your rocker, especially when you said your gonna go buy a china machine..... I've heard you bragging up that machine... I thought maybe now you seen the LIGHT and decided to spend some money and buy a quality needle & awl machine... LOLOL HYAHAHAH Something like a landis 16 or maybe even a "3"

Way to go Steve, we loved it.

Bob

now thats funny Steve, for a second there I thought you may have fallen off your rocker, especially when you said your gonna go buy a china machine..... I've heard you bragging up that machine... I thought maybe now you seen the LIGHT and decided to spend some money and buy a quality needle & awl machine... LOLOL HYAHAHAH Something like a landis 16 or maybe even a "3"

Way to go Steve, we loved it.

Bob

Bob, I have been off my rocker for a lot of years, but never enough to get rid of the pearson, not even for one of them hook and all machines, now they have to many moving parts for me!!!LOL

badger and deeanna, it was a joke, lighten up and laugh a little, sure hope you took no offence by it as none is taken from me, why can't we all be friends.

from the off his rocker saddle maker

Steve

ps; my armpits are still itchy

It's fair to say that some of you received the Celtic treatment... smoke blown up your backside.