I haven't posted here in some time, and many of you have asked to see pics of this saddle.

I named this saddle"Ranahan". It is a full mother hubbard style saddle where the entire top of the saddle is molded from a single piece of leather without any splits or seams. I combined the swell cover, seat, riggings, skirts, and jockeys into a single piece. The inlaid seat is alligator. (I wanted tiles graduating from small to large, and the only part of the skin that does that is the throat. This is the throat cut from a 12 foot gator.) Keeping with the one piece theme, the fenders and stirrup leathers are made from one piece of leather, without the traditional buckles. Adjustment is at the top of the fender. Stirrups are specially shaped to complement this saddle. Final weight of this saddle is 26 pounds. Many hours went into this saddle both in its design as well as construction. It is a culmination of a lifetime of development.

It has been shown at the Cody High Style show; Wichita Falls, TX Saddlemaker show where it won Best tooling, Best workmanship, and Best of Show: National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas; High Noon western americana show in Mesa AZ; and Trappings of the American West in Alpine, TX.

This saddle has been sold!

Keith Seidel

post-5801-043851900 1336492035_thumb.jpgpost-5801-008876900 1336491967_thumb.jpgpost-5801-029397400 1336492060_thumb.jpgpost-5801-095916400 1336492106_thumb.jpgpost-5801-064485300 1336492015_thumb.jpgpost-5801-085007900 1336491951_thumb.jpgpost-5801-079261300 1336491984_thumb.jpgpost-5801-058386400 1336491933_thumb.jpgpost-5801-044669900 1336492129_thumb.jpg

I want one! Keith, that is simply amazing. Can you describe the fender stirrup leather adjustment a little more? I don't see how you would get up there to make the adjustment.

Thanks,

Dan

Wow!!!

Thanks for showing..... I'm just going to toss my tools!

I hope to meet you in person some day. Billy

Keith

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!:jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper:

See it and die.....

Congratulation

Martin

Freeeeeeking unbelievable. Beyond beautiful.

Well Keith,My wife saw your saddle and said ------ she wants me to make her one just like that.

I just looked at her. Regards Billy

I'll have to get back to you. Presently. . .I'm gobsmacked.

I want one! Keith, that is simply amazing. Can you describe the fender stirrup leather adjustment a little more? I don't see how you would get up there to make the adjustment.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, To adjust the stirrup length, you simply pull the fender down exposing the top of the fender and the stirrup leather. Then make the adjustment and reset the fender in the correct position. Most saddles that have this kind of adjustment use a lace attachment. For this saddle, I made a special buckle that simply hooks into the stirrup leather and is sandwiched between the seat and tree when in riding position.

post-5801-003178100 1336857339_thumb.jpgpost-5801-088355200 1336857344_thumb.jpg

Wow!!! Thanks for showing..... I'm just going to toss my tools!

I hope to meet you in person some day. Billy

Don't do that! Many years ago I was at a show and saw some of the finest saddles that I had ever seen. I wanted to go home and sell all my tools and quit. Eventually I saw it as a challenge to make better saddles myself. I figured that one day they were at the same level as I and if they could get that good, then maybe I could too! That was about 20 years ago.

I hope to meet you as well.

Keith

Edited by kseidel

All I can say is, keep showing us you work, please. It serves as an insperation to us all.

Bob

That's um. . .geez. . .um. . .Nope, still speechless.

Keith,

I haven't been on the forum for quite some time but I'm sure glad I took the time tonight! Congratualations on the best of show but more for the personal acheivement... your years of hard work culminated into something truly special that will serve as inspiration to many saddlemakers, craftsmen, and people who just like to see fine work.

regards,

Darcy

Kieth,

I haven't been on the forum for seven months or so and I have been trying to catch up but I can't get past your saddle to look at any thing else.

Great job! Your a true inspiration! Thank you very much for showing.

-Ty-

Thanks Ty. I appreciate the complement. Keith

Keith,

Somehow I missed this one...WOW! That is certainly a very nice piece...as others have said lots of inspiration there. You did a great job with this one.

Regards,

Ben