strapt

finally got some help with the camera

Well friends I finally got a little help with our digital camera and thought I would post some pics. But it's getting late here and it is a school night. Hope this works...

The belts were for some fellow utilikiltarians, and the straps were for a couple musicians I would like to call friend.

Thoughts, opinions, constructive criticisms. Anyone. Buehler...

strap_floggingmolly.jpg

belts_utilikilt.jpg

strap_otis.jpg

post-6259-1209524487_thumb.jpg

post-6259-1209524508_thumb.jpg

Nice stuff! I like that last one with the star... they are all very nice!

Nice stuff! I like that last one with the star... they are all very nice!

Very cool stuff,

I like the belt keepers alot ! Couldn't figure out what's holding the keepers in place though. I didn't see any stitching so are you cementing them? Maybe a few more pics?

I like these. Very stylish. Glad you posted and figured out the camera.

Very nice stuff and just like Justwakinup I really like the keepers.

Tom

Thanks for the kudos guys... They were all a lot of fun to make.

justwakinup - the keepers on the kilt belts are actually held on w/ 4 chicago screws. But I punched the holes and placed the screws inside the keeper, under the visible layer. This was a real pain to work out, but became necessary b/c any more length to the fold over on the back side would have interfered with the first set of belt loops on the kilts. Also, the client had requested they be able to take the belts apart and change buckles or keepers if possible. By screwing it all together out of sight, I was able to meet their request.

Unfortunately I hadn't yet discovered this site - and I put the "screw" side of the chicago screws facing the back side of the belt, and the sharp edges did do a little damage that I had to repair before delivering them to the client. d'oh! There were 6 of these things in the order. 2 1/2" wide, w/ 2" width on the keepers. big beefy belts to fill up the belt loops real nice...

Wish I had more pics to show, but the belts are long gone now, and I'm the proud owner of 2 more kilts for my efforts... love the barter!

Thanks again all for your encouraging words.icon1.gif I'll post more as soon as I can convince the missus to help out w/ the camera again.

Strapt. I like what i see, keep it up. I do like to see the use of the Conway Buckle. :guitar:

Nice work! I like how you made the clover and star go outside the borders.