I have a question, I searched the answer for, but could not find it. When staining a large surface, sat an 8"x12" piece of veg tan, how do you go about keeping the stain even throughout the piece. Here is the trouble I'm having. I'm using Pro Water Stain and I also tried Eco Flo stain, same type of results with both. I apply the stain on one side, by the time I'm applying to the other side, the first side is taking and I end up with darker and lighter areas. How should stain be applied properly, to achieve uniformity/even staining throughout piece. What should I be applying it with, wet or dry, etc. Please help, My otherwisw nice projects, leave a lot to be desired with staining. And I don't like the look of dye over tooled pieces. Thank you soo much in advance.

I dip dye stuff. But I also use Fiebings, have great success. The cover in the pictures was dip dyed in Fiebings, delited with alchohol. Basicly drop it in a flat pan with dye in it, swish it around, pull it out and pat dry with a towell you are not really attached to. Lave it to air dry.

I personally do not use eco-flo.

Aaron

post-2349-0-52263000-1350185516_thumb.jp

post-2349-0-29816800-1350185603_thumb.jp

Thank you for that, I don't have any issues with dye, it's stain thats giving me a hard time. Any suggestions there Aaron? Looks great btw.

Edited by sherlockian100