Sign in to follow this  
BBAYS

Need Some Advice

Hello all, I could use some advice from some of you pros. I have been making holsters and selling them on ebay for a few months. Im not getting rich but am getting great feedback and picking up business by word of mouth. A local gun shop owner got wind and asked me to bring over a few holsters. He is really excited and wants to carry my line of holsters in his store. He gave me a list of his top selling holsters and wants me to deliver about 50 holsters. Is it really worth it to make a production type line of holsters or just stick with the custom work? . Just wondering how many of you do production type work . Thank you all for any advice

It depends. Does the store owner want to purchase at a wholesale price 50 of your holsters or does he want you to put 50 holsters in on consignement? If he wants to purchase then it's a good deal and I would go for it. If he wants them on consignement and you are staying reasonably busy with your eBay sales then I wouldn't do it. Consignement is almost always a bad deal for the consignor. Just my two cents YMMV.