Tae

wing dividers

Hi,

I was going to buy some wing dividers on eBay, and noticed that there are wing dividers in the woodcraft category. Are these different from the ones in leathercraft?

Thanks.

Tae

Tae,

Not to dissuade you from ebay stores and sellers, but I have bought pretty much the same wing dividers at Orchard Supply and Harbor Freight for less money and no shipping charges. There are several tools that cross over into other crafts. Another source for tools is antique stores. I have found very few antique stores that don't have an old keg o' tools or wooden tool tote that don't have decent wing dividers for a couple bucks. I recently bought a set of 24" leg dividers at one for $7. That was a find, I didn't even ask for the customary 10% discount.

Tae,

Not to dissuade you from ebay stores and sellers, but I have bought pretty much the same wing dividers at Orchard Supply and Harbor Freight for less money and no shipping charges. There are several tools that cross over into other crafts. Another source for tools is antique stores. I have found very few antique stores that don't have an old keg o' tools or wooden tool tote that don't have decent wing dividers for a couple bucks. I recently bought a set of 24" leg dividers at one for $7. That was a find, I didn't even ask for the customary 10% discount.

WOW :jawdropper: 24"!!!

You must be making a 4 foot clock Bruce. I've got a pair of 4" friction dividers from Jerimiah and the pair they sell at tandy.

Marlon

I love this site so much...I learn so much here!!!

I always thought wing dividers were employees at the local chicken processing plant.

I always thought wing dividers were employees at the local chicken processing plant.

:rofl:

No, no...those folks are calle wing separators!

Oh, okay. I guess I mussed it up when translating from spanish to englich.

--------------------

Mike D.

I wonder who does the Buffalo Wings!!!!!!!

John

I have several ones from other sources but I recently received a gift of Jeremiah's latest Michaelangelo dividers. WOW! These are a pair of dividers.......

Regards,

Ben

If you have both of these, you will rarely need any others for anything. They are better quality then the Leather Factory and costs less combined than than the cost of the one from Tandy

http://www.amazon.com/Eurotool-Divider-4-Inches/dp/B0058EDLLI/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_d_4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OSIUY8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got disgusted with my Springfield/Tandy divider. It's longer than I need and the legs flex. The steel doesn't want to hold a good point.

I am delighted with these smaller, German-made dividers from the jewelry industry. They are very heavy-duty, well made and have nice sharp points. They also fit into my hand much better than the larger ones. Priced nicely, too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIVIDER-COMPASS-GAUGE-3-ADJUSTABLE-JEWELRY-MARKING-CENTER-MAKING-CIRCLE-/181386224669?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

Michelle

If you are looking for high quality, Starrett makes an excellent product,

http://www.starrett.com/metrology/metrology-products/precision-measuring-tools/calipers-dividers-trammels/Calipers-And-Dividers#itemsPerPage=24&currentPage=1&displayMode=grid&sortBy=none/asc

They can be found fairly cheap on auction and discount retailer sites.

I got mine at sears abut 20 years ago and they are going strong. Craftsman and made in the USA..Love them