Sign in to follow this  
ChopperGuy

Machine Question

I was looking into one of those recently when shopping around for a machine.... I'd heard reports of the feed dogs possibly damaging the leather so I went another direction instead.... for a few hundred dollars more you could get a new Cowboy CB3500 with a better feed mechanism and reverse....

I wound up going with a Cowboy CB4500 that just came in yesterday and couldn't be happier with the decision....

Anyone using or have used the Techsew GA5-1 for their holsters?

The Techsew GA5-1R is a machine with a powerful bottom feed mechanism designed for horse tack repair, harnesses, tool belts etc.. If you're looking for a machine for holsters that won't mark the underside of your leather take a look at the Techsew 4100 or Techsew 5100.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Ron

Before you buy any machine, talk to all the sponsors on this site! You will then make an informed decision and not just "shoot into the dark"

I bought the COWBOY 4500 after such a search and I think I chose wisely. Others have chosen the the other machines and are very happy. Do your own research and choose on features/cost/value/service. Manly service.

Good luck in your search!

Kevin

I also have a Cowboy 4500 and could not be happier with it. I was in the market for a second machine and found a used, but like new, Adler 205-370 on my local Craigslist. I bought it for about the same price as a new CB4500. Needless to say, I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, after using it next to the CB4500 for a few days I can say the Cowboy lays down a stitch equal in every way to the Adler. The Adler is a more refined machine. You can definitely tell the parts are machined a bit nicer, but overall performance is the same. If I showed you a sample from each, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Actually, I prefer the Cowboy in certain ways to the Adler. The Cowboy is a fine machine and I'm happy to have one.

Do not forget the"GOLD STANDARD" of the machines for belts and holsters. IF.. you have the $$$$'s ..there is always the Campbell, which I dream of having. My Cowboy 4500 is just as close as I can get to the Campbell.

Kevin

Thanks for the replies! I did research as you all suggested. After comparing costs and learning about the different types of feeds, I made a deposit today on a Cobra Class 4. I was originally looking at the Tippmann because of the price, but after some debate with myself, I realized I wouldn't be spending that much more on a powered machine. I then found the GA5-1 on FleaBay for 750. The GA5-1 looked the part, but as you all and others told me, not best suited for holsters or anything else I didn't want bottom marks on . It's still a lot of money, but that's what the tax refund is for. Thanks again!

Oh, ChopperGuy is my old screen name (I logged in on my old computer to post the message)

Edited by CountryTrash