summerfabian

Yamata Leather Machine Fy5318

Hey there!

Looking to buy my first leather sewing machine. For garment and upholstry leather.

I do re-enactment costuming. This Yamata is up on Craigslist and I"m wondering if its worth it.

Ease of use is important to me.

Thanks

Edited by summerfabian

We have had one of these machines for years and it has worked very well for us sewing garment and upholstery leather.. any questions just let us know..

It doesn't have a walking foot so it relies on the teeth of the feed dogs & upper feet to pull the leather.Most people would do better by buying a machine with a walking foot needlefeed like a Consew 206,226,255,Juki 562,563,Singer 111w152,153,154,155

If it isn't to far away take some leather & see how it looks after you sew on it.

Edited by CowboyBob

Try to wait for a walking foot machine you'll be much happier , try looking in a couple close states or big cities on Craigslist. It might be worth the drive .

It doesn't have a walking foot so it relies on the teeth of the feed dogs & upper feet to pull the leather.Most people would do better by buying a machine with a walking foot needlefeed like a Consew 206,226,255,Juki 562,563,Singer 111w152,153,154,155

If it isn't to far away take some leather & see how it looks after you sew on it.

The Yamata FY5318 is advertised as a WALKING FOOT machine and here is a video showing the feet walking, right?

The Yamata FY5318 is advertised as a WALKING FOOT machine and here is a video showing the feet walking, right?

some call this a "drop feed walking foot" because it has alternating presser feet + lower feed. It does not have needle feed so this is not a compound feed aka compound walking foot machine.

some call this a "drop feed walking foot" because it has alternating presser feet + lower feed. It does not have needle feed so this is not a compound feed aka compound walking foot machine.

Thanks for the clairification, this is all new to me, but thanks to folks like you I'm leanring.

I'm not going to be sewing leather (at least not for a while), I'm looking for a machine to hem the folded over edges of 15oz vinyl sign banners I make in my home based sign business.

I have been told to get the best walking foot machine I can afford, I wanted a Juki 1541S, it's just a little more $ than I have to spend right now, so I'm considering a Highlead GC0618-1SC, or a Consew 205RB-1, or the Consew 206RB-5.

Do you have any thoughts on theses machines?

Thanks

The Highlead or Consew 206 would be a good choice.

Thanks for the clairification, this is all new to me, but thanks to folks like you I'm leanring.

I'm not going to be sewing leather (at least not for a while), I'm looking for a machine to hem the folded over edges of 15oz vinyl sign banners I make in my home based sign business.

I have been told to get the best walking foot machine I can afford, I wanted a Juki 1541S, it's just a little more $ than I have to spend right now, so I'm considering a Highlead GC0618-1SC, or a Consew 205RB-1, or the Consew 206RB-5.

Do you have any thoughts on theses machines?

Thanks

Consew 206 will be good for vinyl sign banners. Our version is the Techsew 106.

Ron

I recently bought a consew 206rb, very nice machine. I have ran felt, leather, and nylon through it without problems.

The Techsew 106 looks nice, is this a private label for you?

What machine is it a clone of?

Who makes it for you?

Your ebay listing says shipping to Texas is $275.00, ouch!

I can purchase the Highlead or Consew in Dallas - no shipping.

Thanks for your info....

The Techsew 106 looks nice, is this a private label for you?

What machine is it a clone of?

Who makes it for you?

Your ebay listing says shipping to Texas is $275.00, ouch!

I can purchase the Highlead or Consew in Dallas - no shipping.

Thanks for your info....

Yes Techsew is our line of machines we've been selling since about 2001. The 106 is a clone of the Consew 206 imported from one of our factories overseas.

On ebay we list a flat shipping rate - you can contact us for a shipping quote direct to your home or business address.

Thanks!

Ron