KnotHead

Fid Work!

Here in my shop I had the pleasure of a visitor. lilpep decided he wanted to do a project in the shop and share it with you all. I am proud that all this fine work was done right here in my shop. lilpep deserves all the credit behind this work. The only thing I did was provide the materials and some tools and off he went like a racing horse.

Close Up of the whole handle.

100_0578-copy.jpg

Close Up of the Top end of the Handle.

100_0577-copy.jpg

Not a complete view of the fid itself. This is a complete view of the handle.

100_0576-copy.jpg

Me and Jorge both hope you all really like the hard work that went into making this project.

Best regards,

Brian & Jorge...

Great job Lilpep;;;I have looked this over several times;;;;;;no flaws ,,still looks great;; very nice work ,,,

...Doc...

thanks ya'll but Brian is the mastermind behind this it was his idea. he gave me a dowel and a piece of goat rawhide so i carved it out and shaped it with my dremmel later i cut some lace and got started. he made me do it !! thanks for posting it also. it is a handle for a fid with "fidwork" on it. take care.

some specs. 18 1/8" wide laces. not to manny but it worked.

Hey guys,

I have really wanted to learn this Argentine style of handle coverings, but have yet to find anywhere that it is explained. Im very curious as to how you change directions and patterns with the same strings.

Thanks,

Calvin

Be patient. I am working on something to solve some of that issue. ehehehehehe....

Brian...

Very nice. I have been trying also to learn the Argentine style but have not been able to find much on the subject. Anyone know where to find it?

Thanks for posting.

Edited by rcsaddles

Do love this sort of braiding especially those rings you included - they are not easy but the look they give is well worth it.

good job - wish I was near enough to do some work with knothead.

Paul

Looks great! Bravo

Very nice. I have been trying also to learn the Argentine style but have not been able to find much on the subject. Anyone know where to find it?

Thanks for posting.

Be patient all. I am working on a little something that will be really awsome when done.

And thank you all for your kind comments on Jorge's work. It was so nice having a colleague in the shop, not to mention the shop talk and the beer we shared together. This project was really worth it to me to get to know another braider.

thanks you every one for the comments. this kind of work is not really that hard as far as the fid work. the prep is what takes most of the time and setting up the lace takes a little patience to lay down the ground work. after the ground work is done making the developing the pattern is not to difficult, the pattern just depends on you. Brian is working on something fro you guys that you will like. take care

thanks every one !!! for those who wanted to know more about the way this is all done keep an eye on this thread, Brian (knothead) is will have something cool for ya'll. he made me do it

Well you all were asking about instructions. Well, I have videos of just about the whole process of this project. I have them separated in two sections.

• Lace Prepreation - 4 Videos
  • The Fid Work - 15 Videos ( 7 are now posted of the 15 )...

Here's the link to the page.

Fid Work for a Fid

Hope you all like what's up so far.

Brian...

wow only you can do it Brian only you thanks alot really. this is great and im sure alot of people will like it.

Hey Brian,

Thanks for posting these (and thanks to lilpep as well for putting in the time and work), they are great to watch for someone that needs some guidance on overall braiding technique and not just on fid work. For some reason, the audio goes out on the 6th and 7th videos at around 10-15 seconds for me. Not sure if everyone else is having this problem, and I tried reloading the page, but it didnt help. Just thought you would like to know in case you can fix this.

Have a good one,

Calvin

Can you write down the time at the minute point of the videos where that happens? I will then be able to locate it. It could also be because of the conversion from one video format to the another. So I need to know where that is located at in those videos. Thanks for spotting that.

Brian...

Both are going out right at 10 seconds. Just tried it again, still not working for me.

i see the same thing brian.

Okay folks. I fixed the problem and re-posted the fixed videos and uploaded and posted two more on top of it. Thanks for the spot on that audio problem.

Brian...

looks like the videos are fixed thanks brian !! if any one else notices a problem let brian know haaa

Brian

Those look good when I get some time I'd like to give that fid work a go!! Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Mike