Big Steve

New Seats From Big Steve

Here are the 2 new seats that i have been working on as usual let me have any comments good or bad as feedback is always helpfull its the only way to improve.

Regards,Steve.

post-13996-015947900 1284365175_thumb.jp post-13996-020121100 1284365250_thumb.jp

Nice work!

Those are great looking seats!!

Fantastic tooling! And the braiding is so neat!

Personally, I'm not into dragons, but I have to give credit where it's due! The Seats are great looking. The techniques are wonderfully executed and the braiding is great! :clapping:thumbsup.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Many thanks for taking time to look and thank you for your comments.

Regards,Steve.

Hi Steve these seats are brilliant,I have just started doing some leather work and if I can achieve half as good a standard as you, I will be pleased. Keep up the good work.

mc

Hi Steve these seats are brilliant,I have just started doing some leather work and if I can achieve half as good a standard as you, I will be pleased. Keep up the good work.

mc

713ms, thank you for the compliments, if i can help you in any way then i will, of course the key is to practice, if you want to send a PM that would be ok i will give you a contact number, you may want to check out our web site

www.bigsteves.co.uk

Looking good there Steve! i really like the steer skull in the first one. They both look great.

Chris

Looking good there Steve! i really like the steer skull in the first one. They both look great.

Chris

Cheers Chris,thanks for the comments, im working on a seat at the moment its going onto a 1979 hard tail shovel head chop, the customer gave me a picture of his engine with lots of trick bits on it ( the guys a CNC. machinist ) and asked if i can tool the picture of his engine onto the seat , its almost done, should start to lace it up today when its done i will post it and see what you think.

Regards, Steve.

Steve, those seats are really good. I like them both, but my favorite is the snake and steer skull. Really like the detail! They're almost like 3D, they just pop out at you!

I am just getting started, so work like yours gives me something to shoot for. Can't wait to see your new seat with engine. That should really be original.

How long have you been tooling leather? I've been teaching myself upholstery over the last year, but have aquired an interest leaning more towards motorcycle work. I especially like seats like yours! I haven't done any hand stitching or lacing yet, but I've got a couple of Tandy books to get me started.

I have a couple of bikes myself. None of the old iron like you, though I'd like to find an old one one day. I have a Road King and a Ural with sidecar. Both fun bikes.

This site is awesome! There is sooooo much talent on here and it's great that all of you like to share your work.

Thanks for sharing,

Bobby

Steve, those seats are really good. I like them both, but my favorite is the snake and steer skull. Really like the detail! They're almost like 3D, they just pop out at you!

I am just getting started, so work like yours gives me something to shoot for. Can't wait to see your new seat with engine. That should really be original.

How long have you been tooling leather? I've been teaching myself upholstery over the last year, but have aquired an interest leaning more towards motorcycle work. I especially like seats like yours! I haven't done any hand stitching or lacing yet, but I've got a couple of Tandy books to get me started.

I have a couple of bikes myself. None of the old iron like you, though I'd like to find an old one one day. I have a Road King and a Ural with sidecar. Both fun bikes.

This site is awesome! There is sooooo much talent on here and it's great that all of you like to share your work.

Thanks for sharing,

Bobby

Hi Bobby, thanks for you comments, i have been tooling leather about 10 years, i am self taught from books and have made a lot of mistakes, but i think a mistake is only a mistake if you dont learn from it, most of my stuff is biker related, like you i also think this site is awsome, i have only been a member for a short time but what ihave learned from others on this site is fantastic, like you say trhere is so much talent on it and its all there for sharing, i personaly cant thank the people on this site enough for what i have learned, and for there encouragement, all ican say mate is practice and ask questionsthe answer is here somewhere, i have had my Harley for 8 years now and is a rolling advert for my work as a painter and leatherwork, youcan find more of my work at www.bigsteves.co.uk if ican help you with anything just ask its no problem, contact details are on my web site. oh and the stitching and lacing is easy i love it the best part of the job i find it relaxing and i normally do it while watching TV.

Regards, Steve.

Here are the 2 new seats that i have been working on as usual let me have any comments good or bad as feedback is always helpfull its the only way to improve.

Regards,Steve.

post-13996-015947900 1284365175_thumb.jp post-13996-020121100 1284365250_thumb.jp

Steve,

I just ordered a Large Seat Pan from http://spitfirecusto...OTB%20PANS.html This is the link for the pan http://spitfirecusto...om/P1010066.JPG

I would like to cover it with veg tanned tooling leather. Two questions, first, what weight leather should I use, and second if I am going to wet it, in order to form it to the pan, should I do any tooling after I have formed it and let it dry, or tool it first and then wet form it to the pan? I want to try my hand at lacing the edges with the Mexican basketweave.

Thanks,

Bobby

Edited by Bobby hdflame

Steve,

I just ordered a Large Seat Pan from http://spitfirecusto...OTB%20PANS.html This is the link for the pan http://spitfirecusto...om/P1010066.JPG

I would like to cover it with veg tanned tooling leather. Two questions, first, what weight leather should I use, and second if I am going to wet it, in order to form it to the pan, should I do any tooling after I have formed it and let it dry, or tool it first and then wet form it to the pan? I want to try my hand at lacing the edges with the Mexican basketweave.

Thanks,

Bobby

Bobby, the best way for you to do this pan is the same way as Dave Theobald does his seats, thats the method i use, go to his tutorial at the top of this page and spend some time reading it, then go back through the pages of this forum and have a look at the other seats he has made you will learn a lot , as i did , his method works. the leather i would use is 6-7 oz. for the top and the bottom.

Regards, Steve.