Sign in to follow this  
Anne Bonnys Locker

Gb29K72 - Making Them Work!

I have posted this information before but people keep asking the same question so I will give the information again.

If you have a GB2972 and it does not work then there are a number of parts that need to be replaced:

• Shuttle retainer spring
  • needle plate. On some machines you may have to drill the hole in the replacement plate out to 6.5mm
  • needle bar spring.
  • shuttle - or at the very least the tension spring

While you are doing these things look for metal shavings and sharp edges in the needle bar and needle clamp area.

These machines are poorly built and I hate working on them but with a bit of effort you will eventually get them working.

A better idea is to contact the dealers here as they will deliver a working machine!

I'd like to add. I have one of these beasts. I never could get it to sew. then I discovered that the shuttle was not advancing completely. so I adjusted the linkage a little shorter so the shuttle completed it's intended path of travel, and suddenly all my problems went away! so now I actually look forward to sewing on it, when before I usually ended up cursing and throwing things.