mdawson

Stitch Less Triangular Coin Purse

Hi All

I've recently started wearing pants with no practical coin fob and all my change slides out of my pocket when I'm driving :-(

I thought I'd knock up one of those triangular coin purses but I can't find a pattern. I know it's basically 4 triangles top to toe but the patterns I've seen in the past all had an extended section, possibly to close the gap around several of the other layers.

Would anyone have a link to a pattern before I start experimenting & probably ruining a good piece of leather.

( I did a search here but wasn't able to find anything.)

Mark

3rd down in a Google search

try a pattern out in paper first

Here is a pattern for a Pinwheel Purse - the pattern is not leather

but it looks like it would be easy to figure out

hope this helps

Edited by LNLeather

3rd down in a Google search

try a pattern out in paper first

Thanks Cheryl,

I'd actually found that one, it came up in every search I tried. As a complete ignoramus in leather I was hoping to find a more concise pattern to guide me. I actually thought it would be quite easy to find as I found a lot of talk about the design & I know I've seen a proper pattern as opposed to this rough sketch.

Oh well, to the paper & scissors to try & work it out :-)

Mark

Edited by mdawson

HI Mark

Try this post-15330-0-52690400-1349210807_thumb.j or this post-15330-0-67407800-1349219842_thumb.j

Edited by LNLeather

Mark,

I did some looking at the ones for sale and this is my version. I deliberately made mine with a front and back side but did see some where both sides are exactly the same so I think it would be your preference. I kind of rushed through this so there are tooling mistakes etc but it still turned out ok I think.

Hope this helps.

Rosemary

post-26880-0-43725800-1349293511_thumb.j

post-26880-0-54071000-1349293530_thumb.j

post-26880-0-75637300-1349293547_thumb.j

I am in the process of making my first one of these and was wondering if it was necessary to v gouge the folds? I currently don't have that tool, and I'm not sure how soon it will be until I purchase one.

Rosie yours looks great BTW!

I am in the process of making my first one of these and was wondering if it was necessary to v gouge the folds? I currently don't have that tool, and I'm not sure how soon it will be until I purchase one.

Rosie yours looks great BTW!

Thanks. I didn't have a v gouge when I did that one so I used the ball end of the scribe tool I have to draw the lines. It gave me pretty good creases that made it easier to fold.

I made a couple from fairly soft leather... I tried a pattern with card first, and cut a large triangle made up of 4 smaller equilateral triangles. Two rivets, or more if you like and a snapper (Or just tuck the flap into the body of the purse)

Mark,

I did some looking at the ones for sale and this is my version. I deliberately made mine with a front and back side but did see some where both sides are exactly the same so I think it would be your preference. I kind of rushed through this so there are tooling mistakes etc but it still turned out ok I think.

Hope this helps.

Rosemary

Definitely a nice piece! What do the edges of the triangle measure in inches?

Definitely a nice piece! What do the edges of the triangle measure in inches?

The edges of the triangle are 3 5/8 inches. That gave me one that is 3 inches deep, with the leather I used. But you can make it any size that you want.

After watching another great tutorial on YouTube from Leodis Leather I too wanted to give making a stitch less coin purse a try. I ended up creating my own pattern. Please see that attached images of the finished piece (front, back, and open), and the pattern. I've barely done any stamping, so this was a fun project for me!

post-19887-0-79382000-1368800872_thumb.j

post-19887-0-02823000-1368800884_thumb.j

post-19887-0-75714500-1368800893_thumb.j

post-19887-0-42044000-1368800901_thumb.j