SWFLholsters

Cowboy 4500 Delivery And Setup

Hi guys I finally got around to posting photos of my Cowboy delivery. I love equipment photos and I figured some of you may too. And these photos may help soothe the anticipation jitters for those that are ordering machines and are wondering what to expect on delivery.

post-28727-0-44504700-1355111650_thumb.p

http://www.swflholst...very-and-setup/

Love the workshop behind the machine!

One member posted a pic a while back of a machine head delivered already mounted on the table. I have a real problem with that method as there are so many things that can go wrong in delivery and even if all goes well the head can be subject to severe shock and vibration in transit.

I would talk to the vendor about the hole for the chain. My suspicion is that it was an oversight (AKA shit happens) but most professional dealers prefer to know about such things so that they can improve their internal processes.

My preference with table setup is to have as much machine weight as possible over the central pedestal.

Finally, someone as bad as me. Love the Cowboy and Bob, too.

I see the Lathe, nice. I have Tormach CNC, and a newly overhauled Atlas lathe. I had a SouthBend but it was too big and heavy for me to move around when needed, and it wasn't up to the shape I desired. I don't have time to overhaul a lathe. Fun times ahead for sure...

Yes I am a very lucky man to have what I have and to have a wife that allows me so much freedom. This leather venture has overtaken our family room, craft room, storage room, etc, the garage hasn't changed much except reorganized a bit. Her understanding is a blessing from above.

Yeah, I had a bit of a rough start with my Cowboy but after some tweaking and TLC all is working well now. I have talked to the dealer and he is well aware of the problems I have had.

I agree I would not want a machine this size to be shipped with the head mounted to the table. The pedestal stand is bouncy enough when sewing I can only imagine how bad it could get during shipment. I thought the pallet loading/packaging on my order was outstanding.

CNC is a dream that I think will have to wait for another lifetime. I think that one could break the wonderful understanding relationship that I have :)

Edited by SWFLholsters

We have a few HAAS in house, they are older CNC's though (take 3.5" floppys). Certainly an awesome home garage! Congrats on your new CB, my Cobra Class 4 showed up today and I can't wait to finish the assembly this evening.

The CNC is incredibly fun to use. However, mastering the various software packages to get the brainless machine to work is a big curve. I have to admit, once the software has been done, it initiates code like a loyal soldier. When I don't use it anymore, adios. Fun for now, though.

We have a few HAAS in house, they are older CNC's though (take 3.5" floppys). Certainly an awesome home garage! Congrats on your new CB, my Cobra Class 4 showed up today and I can't wait to finish the assembly this evening.

Thanks Eaglestroker, it would be nice if you could snap some photos of how your Cobra was packaged. By the way, I thought you were supposed to wait until Dec 25th to open your presents. :)

You are in for some fun times, enjoy!

Hey SWFLholsters, ours were very similar in packaging. Only photo I snapped in the warehouse today was after the plastic and banding was removed. Pretty much the same set up it seems, the head unit was packaged exactly the same.

58E76B57-D2D1-494B-A624-BDEA8561E07E-747-0000005281884322.jpg

Thanks Eaglestroker, it sounds like you are well on your way to stitching happy land. Let us know how it goes.