mastersaddler

New Member (English Saddler)

Hi Everyone,

I am really pleased to have found this board it is very interesting.

I am an English Master Saddler & Harness maker resident in the US for the last 8 years. Been in the saddlery trade for 25 years and make custom english riding saddles, bridlework and driving harness.

My favorite work is making Draft Horse show harness and Gipsy Vanner harness but don't get to do much of that over here.

I used to run saddlery courses for the British Training commission back in England and would love to do something like that in the USA.

If I can be of any help to anyone with their projects please feel free to ask.

Hi Everyone,

I am really pleased to have found this board it is very interesting.

I am an English Master Saddler & Harness maker resident in the US for the last 8 years. Been in the saddlery trade for 25 years and make custom english riding saddles, bridlework and driving harness.

My favorite work is making Draft Horse show harness and Gipsy Vanner harness but don't get to do much of that over here.

I used to run saddlery courses for the British Training commission back in England and would love to do something like that in the USA.

If I can be of any help to anyone with their projects please feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forum, nice folks here, really helpful and by the sound of it you'll fit right in. welcome from back in Liverpool England.

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you'll have a wealth of information to share, and the people here will give back.

What part of the Country are you located now?

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you'll have a wealth of information to share, and the people here will give back.

What part of the Country are you located now?

Thanks for the welcome, I am located in Chester County Pennsylvania.

Thanks for the welcome, I am located in Chester County Pennsylvania.

A beautiful place to live. I will look forward to reading your additions to the site. I have great interest in all types of saddles and English type riders seems to bauk less at a decent price for saddlery and tack.

Welcome to the board. I Know I may be asking you some questions here in the future! I do harness work, mostly for show horses, but then again anything that comes my way!

I enjoy English tack and it will be nice to have someone to give advice on the subject.

A big welcome to the forum master, great to have you here. You'll find everyone is very friendly, and always willing to help where they can. You will fit in nicely here. Thanks for joining.

Ken

Hi welcome to the forum were glad you found us, please show some pics of your work as we would love to see them and pics are always welcome, Don

Welcome to the forum, nice folks here, really helpful and by the sound of it you'll fit right in. welcome from back in Liverpool England.

Hi Thanks for the welcome, I was born in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne but my Father was born in Liverpool and I always enjoyed visiting Liverpool, a great place!

A beautiful place to live. I will look forward to reading your additions to the site. I have great interest in all types of saddles and English type riders seems to bauk less at a decent price for saddlery and tack.

I like it and there is a lot of work here. I do a lot of side saddle restoration and make custom saddles. Luckily the company that I served my apprenticeship with still made sidesaddles so that was part of my training.I don't have a lot of experience with Western saddles but the English riding market is certainly expanding. Good luck with your saddle work!

Hi welcome to the forum were glad you found us, please show some pics of your work as we would love to see them and pics are always welcome, Don
Hi and thanks very much, I will post some pictures of my work.
A big welcome to the forum master, great to have you here. You'll find everyone is very friendly, and always willing to help where they can. You will fit in nicely here. Thanks for joining.Ken
Thanks for the welcome Ken, it is great to find such a nice group of like minded peopleMike

I enjoy English tack and it will be nice to have someone to give advice on the subject.

Please feel free to ask for any advice regarding English saddles, bridlework etc. I have a huge collection of cutting sizes, and patterns aquired over the last 25 years.

What are your cut lengths for a weymouth bridle

Pony

Cob and

Full?

Barra

What are your cut lengths for a weymouth bridle

Pony

Cob and

Full?

Barra

Do you have a fax#, my scanner is not working and it would be easier to fax them to you.

Question!

I have a customer whose dressage saddle has torn just above the seam. What leather do I need to make a patch? The saddle is a Verhan Odessey Dressage. I have attached 2 pictures.

Many thanks.

Kathy

Onsite Tack Services

Verhan_1_resize.jpg

Verhan_2_resize.jpg

post-71-1209868176_thumb.jpg

post-71-1209868186_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum. My association with England is from the Warwickshire/Rugby/Stratford area. If you are interested in an association with someone here in the States doing english saddles and repair, I have a customer in the St. Louis that would like to hook up with some one knowedgable to share in learning. He's not seekiing a partnership just networking. Good craftsmen (persons) are hard to find any more.

Good luck with your business in Yankee country.

Indy :cheers: