Sign in to follow this  
Deno

Second Time in 20 Years

Ok, here is the second project I've done in over 20 years. Still need a lot of work. My main area's needing work I think are Pear Shading, and Decorative cuts. Died it with a Tan color and Dark Brown for the Background and than Super Shene'd. I'll post another picture when I'm done lacing it up. My best to all.

IM000869.JPG

post-10736-1248029354_thumb.jpg

Well, I think you should do more! Good job.

I see traits of your father in there. It looks really good. I have another surprise coming up for you after reworking one of your father's photo album patterns. I hope you like it.

Keep up the good work and Happy Carving.

Looks great. My first project was a checkbook cover with that exact pattern, but it did not look even close to as nice as yours.

Thanks for the comments guy's, I really appreciate it. And King, looking forward to what you've done. Can't wait to see it. My best.

OK, finally got around to lacing this up and finishing it. Hope you all like it. Needs work, but I'm pleased with it being it's been a very long time since I have done this. I used to help my father lace things up a lot when I was a young man. Brings back a lot of memories. King's, as to seeing traits of my father in there you are correct. First I'm trying to follow his style and second I'm using his tools. I only have the basic tools that he left me, he sold most of his tools back in the early 90's as he couldn't do it anymore cause of his hands. He did leave me with his favorite basic set of tools that he used extensively on most of his work. And I must say, they are so easy to work with compared to the other tools I have cause they are very, very broken in. My best to everyone.

IM000876.JPG

IM000878.JPG

post-10736-1248626177_thumb.jpg

post-10736-1248626201_thumb.jpg