Sovran81

Goodsjapan

I have bought a few tools from these guys. Awl, Stitch groover, and overstitch wheel. All of them have been excellent quality and I am very happy with the tools, the savings, and the factory sharpening compared to other quality tool brands. I am now looking at a bag punch. They offer two styles. I dont like the looks of the hand forged punch, The other punch looks pretty good but the savings is almost none over the same punch from osborne. Does anyone own one of these bag punches? How does it compare. If they are comparable quality then the 3 dollar savings isnt worth the 3-4 week delivery time.

I did a search trying to find out what carrier these guys deliver with in the US. Yesterday was exactly 3 weeks since my order supposedly shipped. Order was for a few stitching chisels, a stylus/modeling spoon, a wing divider/groover, and a small jar of their Gum Trag replacement, so should just be one box. I didn't get tracking info with my order, (think there is a charge for that). I'm just curious should I be looking for it to come US Mail, Fed Ex, UPS etc.

My "free shipping" order from goodsjapan took nearly two months ( I think it was 6 or 7 weeks) and arrived by USPS. In between I ordered something... paid for the shipping ... And got it in under two weeks. I'm pleased with the punches, awls, and edge slick that I ordered, but will always pay for shipping from them in the future.

Bill

Thanks. I kind of was waiting for those stitching chisels to progress with a project, but think I'll look into some alternatives rather than waiting another three to four weeks. I guess I could use the stitching wheels and diamond awls I have. When I placed the order I was not paying attention to shipping times. I would have paid for the expedited shipping if I knew it would take that long.

You might get lucky. I would think that free means by sea, and containerized. If your order happened to go out just in time to catch a ship .. and your container happens to be one of the first unloaded, through customs and to the USPS, you may be in good shape. But who knows!

Guess I did get lucky, as the order showed up USPS today.

Awesome! I think you'll like their stuff. I stropped my chisels just a little bit to help them along, but they didn't take much work to get in top shape. The gum trag replacement is great stuff. The one trick I found with it is to not over-burnish. If you burnish enough to dry it out completely, some fuzzies will pop up .. but that takes a LOT of work to get happen unless you're using a power burnisher.

Bill