lazybum

How To Do This Kind Of Card Slot?

Hi. I was scouring the webstore of obbigood label and i noticed that quite a few wallets have this kind of card slot as shown below

Arch%20Angel%20Mid%204.JPG

How does one achieve that kind of card slot without the card inserted via the top slot falling all the way to the bottom?

The slots pinch the card, and the lower cards keep the top cards from falling lower since they are angled towards the back when inserted. That's my story , and I'm sticking to it.

I am eager to get to know too. I fear BIGGUNDOCTOR is both right and wrong. I.e. many or most (all?) just do it the way he describes, but I think it's too much too ask to explain to anyone using it that "You have to use the bottom slot first" - and then the card goes mysteriously "gone" when using it in everyday tear and wear. You could of course put some small bits of leather at the backside, and glue it to both layers, at the point where you want the card to go no further. But that would quite surely be visible on the finished product after a while. Not nice.

When I make a card slots I have a folded piece of cloth ( like silk something thin) behind it to keep the cards from sliding down.The cloth is glued down first at the bottom and glued a the the top of the first slot.The cloth is folded half the way down of the first slot from the bottom( I usually use a card to make sure it is where I want the top of the card to be ) then is glued down there to the cloth already there and glued then at the top of the next slot I glue it and I fold it again half the way down the second slot and glue it down and fold and the glue at the top of the sec slot and so forth untill I reach the top. Then it gets stitched across the slots and top and then I place it in the wallet's liner and stitch the bottom and edges. You don't have to stitch across the slots unless you want to.Once all pockets flaps ect are attached to the liner it gets glued and stitched to the wallet body. I hope this makes since. Your making pockets behind the slots.hope this helps.

Edited by royslsbry

When the sides are stitched it will hold it in place.