Sign in to follow this  
erj1009

Help With My Needle Not Catching Thread From Rotating Hook!

I bought a new rotating hook (B1830-863-BAO) it is made for my Juki 563 to use heavier thread. I followed manuel instructions for putting in the rotating hook, but now that it is in my needle is not catching the bobbin thread at all. I have no idea what I did wrong, but it has officially drove me crazy. I would appreciate any help!!!

Maybe I will try taking a picture and someone will be able to see what is wrong. :(

Video attached:a hook.mov

Did you take or let the small gear fall out?If not then maybe you need to put the slot in the other set screw.

Did you take or let the small gear fall out?If not then maybe you need to put the slot in the other set screw.

Not sure what small gear your talking about. (not even sure what that is, lol) Not sure what the slot is, but I have tried setting that curvy thing on the bottome everwhere and nothing works. I feel like something must be missing. Thank You, for any help you can give me.

Ok,there's 2-gears & doesn't one look smaller than the other?This is the one w/2-screws you had to loosen to get the hook out.Know on of the screws on this geat is longer than the other,the longer one fits in the slot of the shaft on the hook.If you don't know what the slot is look @ the old hook .You can if it's not right because the screw will be sticking out of the gear more than the other one.