Adriancg

Landis Aristocrat Shoe Sticher

Hi,

I found someone selling this Landis Aristocrat Shoe Sticher for 200 dollars and was wondering if its any good and what I should know about it.

post-19086-064968000%201296413561_thumb.jpgpost-19086-099274300%201296413570_thumb.jpg

post-19086-064968000 1296413561_thumb.jp

post-19086-099274300 1296413570_thumb.jp

$200 is an awesome price for a sole stitcher! If you are going into the shoe repair business, this is a must have machine. This is a machine that sews around the perimeter of thick, dense leather items. If you are not into shoe repair, it is really of little practical use to you, unless you sew a lot of thick leather projects just along their outer edge. This would include hand cuff and ammo pouches, knife sheathes and some Western gun holsters with a single row of stitching. The machine uses 6 or 7 cord, right twist, waxed linen thread, (hot melted beeswax or Sellari's liquid wax). The thread is sold in one pound spools by Campbell-Bosworth and costs around $42 a spool. Needles are curved and expensive.

Oh yeah; it weighs about 700 pounds

Edited by Wizcrafts

Thanks alot, i guess the deciding factor is if i can get some friends to help me move the beast!

Ask the seller if the motor is 110 or 220 volt, in case you only have 110.

Get all of his curved needles, bobbins and any linen thread and stitching wax he can spare. Beg for a manual, if he has it.

Ask to be shown how to thread the top thread and wind the bobbins. Actually, a working demonstration will be your best bet. Bring some thick leather.

This machine should be bolted onto a concrete floor, or at least set upon a level concrete floor.

Oil it in every oil hole before using it. Make sure it turns by hand freely and is not jammed.