Jimbob

wife brougt home a 7-33...

My wife brought home a abandoned Singer, found out to be a 7-33, anybody knows abpout this monster, what can it do and are needles and parts available....is it reliable....??

OK, enough questions, need to send my wife out again...maybe she can find me a sidecar...

James

My wife brought home a abandoned Singer, found out to be a 7-33, anybody knows abpout this monster, what can it do and are needles and parts available....is it reliable....??

OK, enough questions, need to send my wife out again...maybe she can find me a sidecar...

James

7-33 is a very tough, heavy duty stitcher with a vibrating foot. The needle system is 7x3 round point and 794 leather point.

Here is the instruction manual: http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/7-33.pdf

Parts manual: http://parts.singerco.com/IPpartCharts/7-31_33_41.pdf

By the way I have an old side hack for my old shovel that I have never mounted. I am going to mount it this winter. The first time it has been mounted in 20 years.

7-33 is a very tough, heavy duty stitcher with a vibrating foot. The needle system is 7x3 round point and 794 leather point.

Here is the instruction manual: http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/7-33.pdf

Parts manual: http://parts.singerco.com/IPpartCharts/7-31_33_41.pdf

By the way I have an old side hack for my old shovel that I have never mounted. I am going to mount it this winter. The first time it has been mounted in 20 years.

Thanks for the info on the 7-33....glad u put a chair on your old shovel, I love side car rigs!!

Wonder what this Singer is worth?? Do they bring any money??

I got a Adler 105-64...which I like a lot, which one should I keep???

Again, tnx and gud luck on the chair!!!

James

I took a look at your website to see the kind of work you do and the 105-64 seems to fit. However; Both machines have their limitations and we are not comparing apples to apples here. The 7-33 will sew twice the thickness that the 105-64 will sew. But the 7-33 has funny vibrating presser foot that feeds the material and is not a positive feed machine. The 105-64 is limited because it does not have a jump foot to let thicker material advance though the machine.

I think the 105-64 is more practical being it is a cylinder arm machine. So if I had to pick and choose, the 105-64 would have to stay. The 7-33 get put up for sale between 800-1500 bucks. That's just from what I've seen on ebay. I don't know for sure what they are worth.

The 7-33 is used to stitch heavy webbing and is used in Military's around the world to manufacture harnesses, parachute harnesses, safety straps and lifting strops, tents and tarps etc. Think of the harness used to hold in an FA/18 pilot pulling multiple G's and you want the harness stitched with a grand daddy of heavy stitchers and you have one in the 7-33

Barra

The 7-33 machines now are not bringing what they used to bring, mainly because Singer has totally abandoned them with regard to offering any spare parts.

I seen many 7 class heads go for sale at the Weaver auction for under $200.00

We sell a new clone of the Singer 7 class for around $1800.00 new with stand, motor, table, and machine head.

But, if you have a good clean machine, it is worth keeping it. There are not many machines that will sew as heavy as the 7-33 machine will.