Sign in to follow this  
Shorts

1.75" Belt Buckles

I knew there was a reason I don't offer 1.75" belts - the scarce nature of 1.75" buckles.

I need a brass heel bar buckle 1.75". Where can I find this?

Edited by Shorts

Monica -

Ohio has them on p. 183 of the hardware catalog here, and ... S-T has them on page 28 here. Any of those work for you?

Monica -

Ohio has them on p. 183 of the hardware catalog here, and ... S-T has them on page 28 here. Any of those work for you?

Ah, thanks. I ran across it after I posted. I did get them ordered.

:thumbsup:

Monica, I'm glad you found your 1.75" buckle.. I have found over the years a great buckle to use on the 1.75" carry belts is a roller buckle designed for flank cinches on saddles. My gun toters like them as well. Roller buckles don't scar up the leather like some round ended buckles, and they can be pulled up snug without much effort. Look at something like the Horse Shoe Brand Buckles, on the Weaver site. I use the#04072 buckle on most of those big belts, but the #04070 is good if they want a little of a western look. These only come in Stainless but they work great....

Monica, I'm glad you found your 1.75" buckle.. I have found over the years a great buckle to use on the 1.75" carry belts is a roller buckle designed for flank cinches on saddles. My gun toters like them as well. Roller buckles don't scar up the leather like some round ended buckles, and they can be pulled up snug without much effort. Look at something like the Horse Shoe Brand Buckles, on the Weaver site. I use the#04072 buckle on most of those big belts, but the #04070 is good if they want a little of a western look. These only come in Stainless but they work great....

Thanks for the tip Jeff. The 1.75" I got this time is a roller buckle and the first time I will be using one. I'm thinking if it goes well I'll start using them on my 1.5" belts too. It makes sense the roller will help get all that leather threaded through without too much hang up.