Sign in to follow this  
Matt Alsaker

Chaylor-Fenneli Interiors

I've been considering trying my hand at a purse using a Chaylor-Fenneli interior. I wouldn't know where to being making my own interior at this point. I've never seen on of these interiors in person. You must stitch these another piece of leather that makes the outside of the purse. I'm guessing veg tanned is okay to use for the outside so I can carve on it? Are there other acceptable leathers people us if I'm not going to carve on it? Is there anything in particular I should know before I purchase one of these interiors?

Thanks

I make wallets using their interiors, they are an excellent product. I use Hermann Oak for the exterior. I haven't done one of the purses, but I make a saddle bag type purse and that would definitely be Veg Tan. I also make some clutch purses and those would be HO Veg Tan, for a purse you have a choice, you could use Veg Tan or you could use some of the garment leathers depending on the look you want.

Chief

Edited by Chief31794

When using these liners, are they something that I just stitch on the outer leather (veg tanned) to the liner and finish the edges? Are they that easy?

I make wallets using their interiors, they are an excellent product. I use Hermann Oak for the exterior. I haven't done one of the purses, but I make a saddle bag type purse and that would definitely be Veg Tan. I also make some clutch purses and those would be HO Veg Tan, for a purse you have a choice, you could use Veg Tan or you could use some of the garment leathers depending on the look you want.

Chief

When using these liners, are they something that I just stitch on the outer leather (veg tanned) to the liner and finish the edges? Are they that easy?

I don't do a lot of stitching, I punch lacing slits in both the outer and the inner and then lace them together. They are complete and assembled really nice so I would think that for a purse you would just sew it to the shell and finish the edges. Maybe someone else will chime in. This is one of the wallets I made with Chaylor-Fenelli interiors.

Chief

post-6362-0-35315300-1352850116_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-22430200-1352850119_thumb.jp