Sign in to follow this  
Sturme

New Version Of The Fbi Malware Virus Going Around. Here Is The Preventive Fix

Since working on PC's is my day job, I thought I would pass this along. The fbi malware virus has evolved and the new version of this is nearly impossible to remove.

But it has been discovered that is a flash program.

You can change your flash settings in the control panel to help prevent this from hitting. if you want to change those settings

1: go to control panel,

2: click on flash player,

1: under storage change the setting to "block all sites from storing information on this computer".

3: under camera and mic tab change setting to "block all sites from using the camera and microphone".

4: Under playback tab change setting to "block all sites from using peer-assisted networking"

That’s it, it basically mean that any flash animations of video will have to completely stream, not buffer. But it’s worth it, if anyone here has been hit by this malware they know what I mean.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I ended up with this last year. The giveaway was that the page instructed me to buy a money card at Walgreens or Walmart and submit it to wherever. Luckily the local computer shop up the way got it taken care of and all is good.

Thanks for the heads up,

Michael

I got it a few months ago and it killed my computer because i wasn't / didn't going to pay a ransom to maybe get turned back on and not.

This is why I hate the damn Flash Player. I have had those setting all turned off for years, however, it seems like they end up reverting to the defaults of allow when an update is made. I wish there was a way to get rid of Flash player altogether but most webpages require Flash to run.