Fatolbaldguy

Sewing Machine Should I Buy?

I am very new at this so I know very little about machines. I found this listed on Craigs list as a leather sewing machine. Should I get it for $50 or is it no good too good be true?sewingmachine.jpgLooks like a regular sewing machine to me.

It's house machine not a leather sewing machine.

It is a regular sewing machine. There's a big difference to a machine that can technically sew leather and a machine that is either made or setup to sew leather.

You could probably sew leather on that but not too thick and not with very thick thread. Might be ok for wallets and things like that made from lighter weight leather. Some of those old Singers are made a lot better than the newer ones with plastic gears.

I'm sure some others will chime in here and tell you more information on what they can and can't do and what workarounds need to be taken to use them in that way.

That's what I suspected Thanks guys.

No do not buy. You will be very unhappy. Its for home sewing

if you are going to get a singer .... get a 15-91 as it is gear drive and will sew light weight leather.......a belt drive won't do very good

i am a beginer and probably not ready to start playing with a sewing machine yet . I just didn't wantto miss a steal. Thanks all.