Jim Worden

Full Time Leather Production Manager Help Wanted - South East Location

We are well established leather accessory company that is opening a leather manufacturing facility in the Southeast. As such, we need a leather production manager that knows how to operate standard leather equipment (clickers...). In addition, you must be computer literate, willing to help in other areas (customer service, shipping...). We offer a competitive salary, retirement plan, health benefits... a full package.

On a related note, we are also looking to purchase all leather equipment: Clicker(s), Skiver(s), Edge Skiver(s), Sewing Machines, Edge gluers... If your thinking about selling your full leather business, or just some equipment, let me know. Email me directly for confidential correspondence, jimwordenathome@gmail.com . The ad to purchase a business is also located in the "wanted" section on LW.

Also, we are very protective of our business plan, which is why we have no company information listed.

Jim, I,m pretty sure the State your in will not ruin your secrecy! The Southeast United States is kinda a big area to want to move to.

Some places yes, others no!

whatdoyouthink.gif

Hello and thanks for turning to Leatherworker.net to post your inquiries.

I don't think it will be adverse to your business plan to share a little more information, other than a screen name on an international forum, or an email addy for gmail.

We, as a group, are pretty protective of our own and there's been more than a few scams that have been halted due to the diligence of our members. I think that some additional information would be appropriate to ease possible respondent's concerns.

If you're looking at starting a manufacturing facility and are looking for machinery, that kinda indicates that you have a location, a business license, and a target market, already.

Here is a little more information on us: We started leather production off shore in the late 90's. We have been very successful operating out of our North Florida location. We have approximately 10 employees here and 15+ off shore. We'd like to move a SMALL part of the production from off shore to the US. We know how to sell our leather accessories, just not a 100% sure on how to actually make them. Thus the need for someone that can learn how our off shore location currently makes our products and replicate here. The plan will be to have 5-10% of our line as a "Made in the USA" line. This also is why we have a need for all equipment, thus the other posting.

Once again, I apologize for being so secretive. For numerous business reasons it is best for me to correspond with detailed information off the forum wall.

Thanks Jim for clarifying that, hopefully that will ease any concerns.

You might try contacting some of our suppliers directly as they not only can provide the machinery, but also the support for the machines as well as the consumables - thread, snaps, rivets, buckles, and most importantly LEATHER!! Some of our suppliers/vendors also sell used machinery, and may be able to put together a "production shop package" for you.

Jim,

Congrats to you to bringing a small part of it to the USA, maybe some day you'll be able to have everything made here.

Good luck,

Steve

Here is a little more information on us: We started leather production off shore in the late 90's. We have been very successful operating out of our North Florida location. We have approximately 10 employees here and 15+ off shore. We'd like to move a SMALL part of the production from off shore to the US. We know how to sell our leather accessories, just not a 100% sure on how to actually make them. Thus the need for someone that can learn how our off shore location currently makes our products and replicate here. The plan will be to have 5-10% of our line as a "Made in the USA" line. This also is why we have a need for all equipment, thus the other posting.

Once again, I apologize for being so secretive. For numerous business reasons it is best for me to correspond with detailed information off the forum wall.