Sign in to follow this  
qarawol

My knife sheaths...

Keep in mind that these sheaths were made before I knew about edge coating. I'll keep them as is for now.

This sheath is for my Schrade PH2. I have looked high and low for this knife many years ago for I liked the shape and style. This holster is one of my pinnacle leather making career ones. This is a horizontal only carry for right hand use (since I am right handed). I have this right in front and it is very tight against the body. No bending restriction of it poking me in the front or side or..? The unique thing on this holster is that I placed two flat rare earth magnets within the sheath that gives the knife a smooth friction fit. The magnets are covered so that they do not scratch the blade and are strong enough that they can hold the knife in place inverted without the retainer strap. The back side has three loops to insert the belt through. The pant belt loop can be placed between them to prevent it from sliding along the belt.

SchradePH2.jpg

SchradePH2a.jpg

Next is the one for my Emerson/Neeley SPECWAR knife. The slot on the tip of the sheath are for a leg strap or inverted shoulder carry. This too can be carried vertically on the belt or horizontally in the back. My design was to keep it tight against the body should you wear it on the back belt line. The two silver dots are screws that can secure this sheath to other leather straps, change the carry angle or secure it to other gear.

EmersonNealySpecwara.jpg

EmersonNealySpecwar.jpg

This one is for my Cold Steel Magnum Tanto II with San Mai blade. Right hand, vertical only and very tight to the body.

ColdSteelMagnumTantoIIa.jpg

ColdSteelMagnumTantoII.jpg

Next - Necklace style carry or vertical belt, pictures will explain, also ambidextrous. The cord you see is the lanyard used for neck carry, the knife will be inverted while carried this way. The folder is a Cold Steel w/San Mai Blade. Close up pics shows how the knife can be turned as well as the retaining strap. Notice the sheath looks like it is shaped for a double edged knife. That is made to accommodate the knife in either direction.

ColdSteelSanMaiFolderb.jpg

ColdSteelSanMaiFoldera.jpg

ColdSteelSanMaiFolder.jpg

*edit* spelling

Njoy...

Edited by qarawol