Tinneal

What To Do With Sleigh Bells?

I got 3 sleigh bells from a friend/customer for free. He was going to throw them out! I'm not sure exactly what to do with them. I want to make something in time for Christmas, so everyone can enjoy their sound. They're 8" around, brass, and sound wonderful!

Any suggestions? I think they're a bit heavy to hang on a tree, but they could go on a shelf or a door, maybe?

Tinneal, attach them to a leather strap with whatever tooling that suites your taste . You see lots of ideas on the net. Hang them on the door so when someone comes in or leaves, the bells will announce their presence. Nice for Christmas.

Bob

Tinneal, attach them to a leather strap with whatever tooling that suites your taste . You see lots of ideas on the net. Hang them on the door so when someone comes in or leaves, the bells will announce their presence. Nice for Christmas.

Bob

That was my immediate thought too. Here's what I recalled seeing when reading your post Tinneal.

http://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1419-door-hanger-pattern.aspx

Kevin

I was thinking that, too, but these suckers are big and loud and heavy... maybe just one per piece, for a total of 3 hangers?