BearMan

Bearmaul Custom Gold 18Oz

Hi Everybody,

It's been a while since I've shown something I made. This is my "BearMaul Custom Gold" in 18oz. It has Gold colored ends, with some punched star embelishments. The Gold is achieved with heat. I was able to also color the star area on the cap an irridesent greenish blue color, all done with heat. The rest of the maul is made up with Cocobolo on both ends & in the middle,,, Amboyna burl toward both ends, & some faux "Ivory" inserts. Of course it uses my Brown Head material, & it's exactly 18oz in weight. Please let me know what you think,,,

Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-047594900 1295706018_thumb.jpg

post-7175-093825800 1295706050_thumb.jpg

post-7175-046448500 1295706071_thumb.jpg

post-7175-016898500 1295706092_thumb.jpg

Ed

Very nice maul. I always enjoy looking at your work.

Mike

I second Mike here

I use my Bearman mauls every day and it is a joy using them, :You_Rock_Emoticon: Ed!

These things are works of art. The art of looking good while working. Love them.

Ed,

My hats off on this one. I see combinations of several different past mauls (spacers, heartbeat, faux ivory, heat treat) in this one as well as the additional stippled metalwork. I really like the smooth transitions from the head to handle as well. I would even trade out for that one... :innocent:

Regards,

Ben

I'd almost be afraid to hit things with something so nice. Almost...

Hi Everybody,

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful compliments!! I love making things that people love working with. There are tons of things that I have "ideas" for,,, & maybe,,, just maybe, I'll actually be able to make them all someday. To me, it's lots of fun to take a problem area all of us "Leather" people have experienced, & figure out a way to "fix" it. Some ideas,,, just don't work out,,, & others work great,,, but are just not feasable to make for people, & are a bit complicated for some to make on thier own. When working in the shop, we all run into things that could make the job work better,or faster,, if that tool, was modified,,, or even created. That's where I like to get started. The challenge is, that besides doing what it's supposed to do,,, better than expected,,, it also has to be Fun to use!

Take Care,,, & Thanks Again!! Ed the"BearMan"

Well I have to add that I think it looks very ( please excuse the feminine terms) Elegant, Rich, Stately, Dignified, Royal, Very 'Expensive, Classy, Clean, Smooth, and I wish I had a bench full of them. :thumbsup:

I would turn into a big ugly, and not nice, type of guy if someone was to mess with the BearMan mauls I already have.

They are a constant joy to me. In fact, I was just using mine a few hours ago!

Joel

Edited by GrampaJoel

Thank You Joel,

We wouldn't want you to turn into a "Big Ugly"!! hehehe I'm glad you like them so much!! Ed

Pure art applied to the manufacture of tools.

:16: