Ashley

Needle Jamming Into Retaining Ring and Hook

I have a FS288 (similar to the Sailrite Ultrafeed LSZ-1).

I've watched the Advanced Maintainace DVD over and over again, trying to fix what they ask me to. However, my needle continues to hit the retaining ring and the hook! Any advice?

:whatdoyouthink:

Could it be that you don't have the needle seated all the way in? - even a little bit and it will jam the hook.

Check the sailrite forum, as there is some discussion of this problem that I believe is simple to fix.

You were right Ian! It was that simple. I put the needle in backwards. Works great now! All I have to say is wow, it has some definite power!

Here is what I made. I made this as a learning bag. I actually found on *raigslist a guy that was selling Naugahide, hardware, equipment etc. I bought 3 big roles of black, white, and red Naugahide (200 yards each roll) (like faux leather ... what they use for jetski seats), 300 brass and nickel buckles, thousands of antique brass and nickel rivet sets, hole punch set with 6 different sizes, 2 Osborne hole punches, 3 pairs of steel scissors, 150 dog leash clasps in nickel and brass, red, white, black, and brown #69 thread- all for $20!!!!!!!!!! So, I used some of the Naugahide to experiment...when I get better I will switch to the leather that I bought from Tandy a couple weeks ago.

OK here is my first handbag ever:

DSC06705.jpg

DSC06702.jpg

DSC06704.jpg

:grouphug5vj5:

I know there are a lot of crooked lines. I'll work on that :head_hurts_kr:

Hi Ashley,

Are you using the Monster Wheel on your machine? I put one on my Consew CP206R (straight stitch version of your machine), used the set screws to lock it down to the shaft and if I can get the leather under the presser foot, it will sew it no problem!!!!!!! Glad to hear you got the problems worked out on your machine, they sew great don't they!!

John