rowneyart

Hello From Co.durham, Northern England

hello All!
My name is Mark Rowney. I have been working and carving leather for 25 years now. I am self taught and still learning. I am passionate about Contemporary rural Art and endeavour to combine my enthusiasm for leather work and evoke my love of nature. I primarily make bespoke leather journal covers and some other original and one-off items. I also paint and sell enough to enable me to buy new hides, JUST!
I live and work in the Durham dales, Northern England. My influences are the Bees that sting me, the Midges that bite me and the birds that sing so sweetly. My goal is to understand my soul that I may best illustrate a wonderful life spent in the high meadows and hay fields that surround our old stone farmhouse.
I look forward to meeting and hearing from the fellow leather workers that share this imaginative site.
As William Morris said...."One should only own what is truly useful or beautiful".
I hope you find enjoyment in my work.
http://www.rowneyart.com
http://rowneyart.blogspot.com

post-53943-0-20287900-1406890430_thumb.j

post-53943-0-78353800-1406890383_thumb.j

post-53943-0-61802000-1406890488_thumb.j

post-53943-0-14410300-1406890547_thumb.j

post-53943-0-48859400-1406890607_thumb.j

Wow, your work is absolutely some of the most interesting leatherworking I've ever seen. I love your cottage/animal/wood theme. It's beautiful.

Hello Mark and welcome to the forum! Very nice work you have shown us here.

Hello and welcome to the forum Mark. Your leatherwork is fantastic. I look forward to looking at your pictures and website over the weekend.

I'm Paul and live in Herefordshire.

I've never found any better art than yours , I would be proud to show off what you do self taught , natural artist I think . Good luck in the future and welcome to our site . Gary

Top work I love it

My jaw dropped, beautiful and unique work! Love it!

To everyone above...Thank you for the warm and very generous welcome to this wonderful site.