Sign in to follow this  
ClayB

Robert Beards updated tool catalog

I just recieved a copy of Robert Beards updated tool catalog. The new catalog contains a LOT of tools that weren't in the last catalog, and current prices. Bob hand makes a full line of tools from floral (including Sheridan) to figure carving, to basketweaves and geometrics. He also makes swivel knives and blades, modeling tools, edge bevelers and more. You can also order his videos and the book Southwest Inspirations from this catalog. Bob states in the catalog that the normal wait time for tools ordered from him runs between 3-6 months depending on current demand and the fact that each tools is made by hand, by Bob. The bad thing about the catalog is that it doesn't have individual impressions from each of the different tools. It does have a few pages of different impressions, but not from all the tools. I think this is being worked on to put up on his website in the future.

www.robertbeardtools.com

I use some of Bob's tools and I think they are some of the best quality tools you can get. If you want to use some of the best made leather tools out there, you owe it to yourself to talk to Bob. He makes it to quite a few of the shows. If you cant make the shows, give him a call at (505)632-7039.

I just wanna say that I have handled Bob's tools, and seen the impressions for myself. They are first rate high quality tools, and if you have a problem, Bob willmake it right. If he has time, he'll even show you how to do something special with them. Of all the swivel knives I have ever picked up, I never felt one as perfectly balanced as one of Bob's. (No, I don't work for him, but he has promised me a ride on his Harley!)

Johanna

Clay, does he still offer his mauls and swivel knives? I know there was some question about whether he could continue making the mauls because of problems getting the material he used to make them.

I second what the others say about these tools. When I got the first basketweave stamp I ordered from him, I knew it would be better than the entry level tool it was replacing. But the first time I tried it, I was dumbstruck. The clarity of the impressions that the tool makes is surreal.

Kate

Clay, does he still offer his mauls and swivel knives? I know there was some question about whether he could continue making the mauls because of problems getting the material he used to make them.

I second what the others say about these tools. When I got the first basketweave stamp I ordered from him, I knew it would be better than the entry level tool it was replacing. But the first time I tried it, I was dumbstruck. The clarity of the impressions that the tool makes is surreal.

Kate

Kate,

My wife tried ordering a maul from him and he said he wasn't making them anymore. She asked about a swivel knife and he said he would put me on his list. I think there was some problem getting parts for them, but have since heard he is back to making them. I am off to Sheridan in the morning, so I'll find out for sure.

Clay

All I can say about Bob's tools is Hell yes. Very good tools and he guarantees them.

As far as his swivel knives go, they are well worth the wait. I bought a 1/4" angle blade from him and a swivel knife at Topeka IFOLG show a couple years ago, got the blade immediately, and about a year later the knife was in my mail box.

I know the guy who made his swivel knife components had a stroke and that is why they are taking so long, according to Bob.

But I whole heartedly recommend trying one before you buy it, because he offers so many variations, you are sure to find one that feels like it is an extension of your hand.

Just wanted to pass on a note I got from Anne Newkold today.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Pro Series Tools by Robert Beard catalog is finally on line at the website. www.robertbeardtools.com

Tool impressions will be on line in the early fall. With the recent updates to the catalog well over 200 tools have been added. To request a printed copy or one on CD (in a pdf file) you can request one by email at robertbeardtools@sbcglobal.net

As new tools are added to the Pro Series line they will be posted on the website under the new tools page. Robert also plans to occasionally post tutorials on the site from time to time.

Thank you for your interest in Pro Series Tools,

Anne

robertbeardtools.com

web mistress