Sign in to follow this  
sherlockian100

Another Market Place Handbag

This is the second of these bags I have done. I did this one from scratch (no kit) so the leather was a little thicker than the first one I did and the did affect a few things. But, I also got to choose better hardware for this one. I am pretty happy with the tooling and the purse in general, I am not happy with my dyeing job, however, I am still learning that process. I added some stitching to the shoulder strap, to match the side straps, I also tried out two toned double loop lacing for the first time. I didn't have any dark brown 1/8 in lace, but I had fleash color, do I dyed it with some dark brown dye (what a pain) so thats why it may look a little off in a few places. I started in leather craft back about 5 or 6 months ago and have been taking lesson with WC and Standing Bears Trading Post. He has taught me so much, and I'm able to finally do a few projects and actually try to utilize some of the things he has been traching me. I am starting another (different) purse this week. Please feel free to comment or offer suggestions to help me improve my next one...Thanks! Here is my efforts.

8076514901_7b699cca5d.jpg

p1 by sherlockian100, on Flickr

8076507086_3b1c8069f2.jpg

p2 by sherlockian100, on Flickr