Pounder

Warped Poly Cutting Board

Hello All:

I have a Tandy 12"x12" Poly Cutting board that somehow has warped. This makes a horrible noise when I use it. Does anyone know of any way to return this to its normal flat state?

Really hate to have to buy another one but if I do , any suggestions on suppliers. Depending on price I might want a larger peice of poly cutting board for my table.

Thanks

not sure on how to flatten it out. I would check with some clicker die companies for a replacement. Weaver also has it

Cutting boards are cheap at any store that sells kitchen items. Or return it to tandy ans get a new one.

The poly board i got from tandy three years ago was bowed in the center. It has flattened out most of the way since then. If you want to use the one you have, and you have a marble slab, you could try leaving the poly board under the slab for a few days. i don't know how badly warped your poly board is. Getting a new (bigger) one wouldn't be a bad idea though; As electrathon said, those cutting boards are cheap.

Jesse

I recently went to a polymer company and purchased an offcut of HDPE, high density polyethylene. A piece 2' x 4' , 3/8" thick was about $60 Can. It is perfect for a cutting board. When it gets marked up, you just shave off the ridges from the knife cuts. I took an edge beveler and rounded the corners so there would be no sharp edges to mark the leather. Gump

Here's the big trick Never buy cutting / pounding boards from leather suppliers. They are hugely marked up at those places. If you don't have a local plastics supplier, you can get HDPE online. I've bought from https://www.interstateplastics.com/ with good results. A 12" x 12" x 1/2" sheet is $15.

Thanks everyone, I really appeciate the feed back. Will review and probably contact one of the suppliers provided and just go with new and bigger. Sure I can cut up and use the smaller somewhere else. Likly flatten better if it were sut into smaller peices anyway.

Again thanks.

Pounder

Have you tried putting it in the oven at low temp to make it plyable? The stack a bunch of heavy weights or books on a flat surface it might flatten out.

Thought about the oven thing b ut fif not know what temperature, on the racck or on a cookie sheet, how long does it stay NOTE when it melts remove from heat.)