Sign in to follow this  
RustyMelton

First carving project

Here's a couple of pictures of a pool cue case I just finished. It my first try at using some carving on one. 100_0785.jpg100_0778.jpg

FIRST TRY!! You gotta be kidding!!

Great job.

Art

If this is the first time you carve on something this big I got hand it to you, it looks great.

First time carving on something big can be a very humbling experience. Not easy to "spin the leather around the knife" I'd say.

Elegant looking case, I really like the rich and warm tone the leather has.

Tom

OMG - how cool does that look!!! You've done a great job :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, its really nice to hear. Art it really is my first project to use some carving. I did practice for a few weeks before giving it a try. I was worried at first to start off on something so big, I didn't want to waste leather. But I figured what the heck it was going to be for me, so if I goofed up oh well. I'm really glad I did though because I learned stuff that I wouldn't have learned otherwise. I see many things that I'll do different next time but it was a great learning experience. My hat goes off to anyone that can do this sort of work and make a living, because as slow as I am I would surely go broke. Thanks again Rusty ps... Tom it was very humbling