Guest George

Contract Holster Sewing

Guest George

Looking for a couple of experienced leather stitchers to assemble, stitch & finish a holster-style product we are selling. You will need a medium to heavy harness stitcher with stirrup plate and experience using it. Opportunity to make some decent money using your equipment - experience required! We supply the parts and instructions - we'll ship back & forth using ups. We're in Northern Colorado - email George at gwhistlecreek (at) aol (dot) com Thanks!

Edited by TwinOaks
email addy edit to prevent spamming

George,

Have you considered using the flat rate boxes from the USPS?

Looking for a couple of experienced leather stitchers to assemble, stitch & finish a holster-style product we are selling. You will need a medium to heavy harness stitcher with stirrup plate and experience using it. Opportunity to make some decent money using your equipment - experience required! We supply the parts and instructions - we'll ship back & forth using ups. We're in Northern Colorado - email George at gwhistlecreek (at) aol (dot) com Thanks!

What do you plan on paying. Take a look on my site www.rmbcustomleather.com I just started. I hand sew now but I am looking for get a good sewing machine to increase my turn-a-round time so I will have one soon. Please contact me through my site.

contact me at www.rmbcustomleather.com. I am intrested

George:

I highly recommend Mr. Ashley Schildknecht at Snake Horse Saddlery. He has assisted me with sewing on a couple of occasions. His work it top notch and he gets it done in a timely manner.

Best regards,

George is not looking for gun holsters to be made; it's actually camera cases. You'll need at least a cylinder arm machine (like the Artisan Toro 3000 or similar), stirrup needle plate, and at least 5-10 years of leathercraft experience. The cases are a challenge for anyone with less than that level of experience or without the proper equipment to sew the cases together.

Camera cases? That's a little off the grid when one leads folks to believe it's holsters. Or, even "holster-style." I don't do contract work, but I do appreciate a candid post. Translated, that means "honest." You could also say, forthright, straight-up, etc.

Misleading is generally not necessary, and it doesn't inspire confidence. Hell, this isn't a singles bar.

Something smells funny about this deal. Holsters and camera cases are two very different things.

Why is this particular post being moderated?

All posts in this section are on mod preview because unregistered members (like this original poster) can post. This section does get some spam postings occasionally that we would prefer to keep off the board.

Johanna

caveat emptor

You guys all noticed the original post is dated Oct 2008 and the guy never came back, right?

Thanks, Johanna.

When K-Man jumped in and clarified what this was about it set off alarms.

There's no reason for concern here, as George is a legitimate business seeking someone to contract this work to. He just used terminology, i.e., "holster," that most of us would associate with gun holsters rather than camera cases.

Did you find the people you needed to sew the holsters you need?

WE are interested in the work.

did you find all the help you needed? We would be interested in making holsters for you.

Thanks