tparrish

Vergez Blanchard, Tiger Thread, C.s. Osborne And More

Have a bunch of tools I never got around to using for projects I had planned. We recently had a baby and I also started a new job so these are just sitting. All tools have NEVER been used, not even once. I can send more pics of each tool if needed as well.

Vergez Blanchard 9/10 & 9/2 pricking iron set: $250 shipped
Vergez Blanchard 38mm diamond awl: $20 shipped
CS Osborne #151 1" oblong punch: $35 shipped
CS Osborne #452 stitching chisel: $15 shipped
CS Osborne #154 1 1/2" strap punch: $40 shipped
CS Osborne #6 3/16" punch: $8 shipped
Sheridan leather colt stitcher: $70 shipped
Stakich premium beeswax 1lb: $8 shipped - SOLD
Tiger thread 1.0 mm white 50 meters: $8 shipped- SOLD
Tiger thread 0.8 mm white 50 meter: $8 shipped- SOLD
Tiger thread 0.6 mm creme 50 meter: $8 shipped-SOLD
John James 2/0 saddles harness needles (25 pack, best for 1mm thread): $7 shipped-SOLD
John James size 4 saddles harness needles (25 pack, best for 0.6mm & 0.8mm thread): $7 shipped- SOLD

1E8C9B42-47B9-4836-87DC-8FF5616EF0B5.jpg

096C2E64-7B86-4C2C-81FA-61D5865465F0.jpg

ED38A8C4-65B9-4FEF-899F-1680F893CB13.jpg

77F2F6D7-67C7-4694-8B05-839EBE49C620.jpg

05935BAF-0336-4578-9331-953BAF87DF6E.jpg

A2D9E9DA-1F51-43E3-9BD7-BE650BF60A48.jpg

DC918622-82D1-4DDA-A315-68BBDA06452B.jpg

ADE2B673-A9EB-42DD-B9DF-F27476F7BA1D.jpg

More pics available upon request.

Edited by bruce johnson

I'll take the cream tiger thread and the john james #4 needles.

I am interested in the awl and the smaller needles , the rest of the thread and the colt. What is your best price for the lot?

How about you throw in the Osborne stitching chisel, all for $120. Shipped to Nova Scotia B0N1Z0.

I'll take the thread and the needles if their still for sale.

Tiger thread 0.6 mm creme and John James size 4 saddles harness needles SOLD

How about you throw in the Osborne stitching chisel, all for $120. Shipped to Nova Scotia B0N1Z0.

Sending PM

The #2 needles, the rest of the thread ,the colt and the Osborne chisel.. $120 shipped

How much is too expensive?

For the OP to ship it via a method that is acceptable for PayPal (so that the seller will be covered in the event of "non-delivery"), they are required to ship it via a trackable method. That means Express Mail International or Registered First Class. Registered First Class would be $33.00 and Express Mail would cost $66.95 if the package weighed just over 2 pounds which is just a guess as it may weigh even more than that with that Colt stitch pony in there.

That is the reason I also will not ship to Canada. In order for me to be covered by PayPal, the shipping cost is very expensive and customers don't want to pay it so I just don't offer my items internationally anymore.

Good luck though. :)

Edited by 25b

Thanks for the bullshit, I get items from USA weekly with no problems . lol

That's pretty rude.

Sounds like the people you buy from are probably not very well informed about PayPal's "seller protection" and how it works. Even if that's the case, that's no reason to be hostile about sellers that *do* know what they need to do to be protected against claims.

You seem angry. I don't think 25b is trying to bullshit anything.

I was going to offer 1/2 the shipping, before the post was hijacked. There was no mention of pay pal in the thread. I support a lot of sellers on this forum and have had no problems at all. The bullshit stands.lol

I just assumed it was paypal...how else would you buy something from someone you don't know online?

I just assumed it was paypal...how else would you buy something from someone you don't know online?

I should have mentioned paypal for everyone in the original post but I don't see the option to edit it again. Also, Joe, check your private messages for tracking soon, thanks again!

I was going to offer 1/2 the shipping, before the post was hijacked. There was no mention of pay pal in the thread. I support a lot of sellers on this forum and have had no problems at all. The bullshit stands.lol

Even at 1/2 the price it is still very high. I did a price check with the post office and I believe the cheapest trackable option was $34-36. I just can't justify the $18 + 3% paypal charge for the price of the goods. Sorry it didn't work out

----

Anyways... I still have a lot of nice tools available so lets get these moving!

tparrish, on 17 Nov 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

I just can't justify the $18 + 3% paypal charge for the price of the goods. Sorry it didn't work out

Just curious how much it costs for you to send a package within the USA? Must be at least $5-10? This you are giving away for free for USA.

I don't understand why USA sellers have a hard time taking that "free" cost off of international shipping. I have no problem paying more to have it shipped to me in Canada, but why does USA get free shipping, and international doesn't even get a discount?

That's what so frustrating for Canadians.

Just curious how much it costs for you to send a package within the USA? Must be at least $5-10? This you are giving away for free for USA.

I don't understand why USA sellers have a hard time taking that "free" cost off of international shipping. I have no problem paying more to have it shipped to me in Canada, but why does USA get free shipping, and international doesn't even get a discount?

That's what so frustrating for Canadians.

I have stopped looking for tools here due to the above (not that I expect free shipping to here, but at least a cash or instant payment discount). With me being in Europe, it's not worth buying anything from the US and have it sent overhere as the shipping is double or triple of what the item costs from the start. It's as even bigger turn off when I see a "CONUS only" being added to what ever item is being put up for sale. To me it says that my money isn't good enough, or that my interest for buying said item isn't welcome. It's okay, and how it is, I just get what I need from somewhere else where my money is welcome and not looked down upon.

Okay, well this is going off on a tangent. Please keep all other discussions private or find a new place for them. I am just trying to move my stuff for a fair price.

On the Canadian shipping; the $18 charge was after the seller proposed to pay for half so actually shipping anything larger than a thimble to Canada with tracking was $36 minimum. So I ask (rhetorically), would you eat a $36+ shipping fee on a $120 sale?