Sign in to follow this  
TapTapTap

Hip Quivers

post-16263-099023100 1323853932_thumb.jppost-16263-096260200 1323853325_thumb.jpThis is my latest Hip Quiver for a fellow Archery Club member. I usually carve our club mascot on the pocket however this client asked if he could have his own design in black. I lined it with black pigskin suede and used 3mm black kangaroo thong double cordovan braid to finish the edges. The tubes were super glued together on the same angle as the top of the pouch. They keep the arrows separated. The quiver will hold 12 aluminium arrows and has a clip for the arrow puller. The belt flap where the client's initials are seen is fitted with press studs to allow the quiver to be removed from the belt when you sit down. The pattern for this quiver is Tandy Archery Pattern Pack No: 6027 which I have modified slightly to make it more user friendly. Feel free to comment.

TapTapTappost-16263-055682100 1323853321_thumb.jp

Edited by TapTapTap

I think these are great. I really want to make one for me this year, before summer, of course. The quiver I currently use is still good, although somewhat beat up. I got it in 1974. But I really want to make a new one. What size did you use for the tubing? I'm assuming it is something like schedule 40 PVC pipe.

Edited by steelhawk

I think these are great. I really want to make one for me this year, before summer, of course. The quiver I currently use is still good, although somewhat beat up. I got it in 1974. But I really want to make a new one. What size did you use for the tubing? I'm assuming it is something like schedule 40 PVC pipe.

My apologies "SteelHawk" for not getting back to you sooner. The tubing size is 1 inch internal diameter PVC commonly used for electrical purposes. I taped them together at the top and bottom and then used plenty of superglue to bind them. You can see examples of other variations of hip quivers on my website - myleatherwork.com.

regards,

TapTapTap

Thanks for replying back. You have a lot of great looking items in you gallery.