tonyc1

Over the top postal charges

Here is another example of excessive postal charges. There are a couple of Crew / Slot punches on Ebay and they are quoting $37 US for postage to Australia. This appears very excessive after being charged $8.65 for 2 edgers from Rons Tools as I'm sure there wouldn't be much diff in weight and it puts a person off showing any interest in bidding whatsoever.

tony, i have same problem with ebay...but i have had some good purchases recently. i bought a paasche vl airbrush for $55 and only $10 delivery, while others on ebay wanted $30 delivery....the same airbrush in oz would have cost me $150..it takes some shopping around... deliveries direct from the maker, especially with tools is usually good. i just received my makers stamp from dbarleather....excellent stamp and very good price...i have also ordered some tools and books from peter main and he will bring them to australia in march and then post them from sydney...i should have mentioned this sooner so other aussies could have put in an order...it might not be too late...i just emailed him directly from his website and got a very quick answer..he takes paypal so it is very easy to pay....dbarleather also takes paypal to, makes it very easy for us aussies to send money overseas. i wish i had known that peter was doing a workshop in queensland, i would have made an effort to attend.

cheers

caroline

This happens quite often when getting items shipped to Canada from the States also, I recently ordered a calender which cost $15, then $16 for shipping charges, I checked on how much it would cost to ship it to a small town in Montana that is a three hour drive from here, the shipping was $4.10. I have tried to order another item as a Christmas present and the company would sell it to me since "their bank could not exchange Canadian funds into American funds when I paid with visa" just plain ignorant. I don't think there is much you can do about it other that make sure you always get the the shipping amount before you buy the items. Excessive shipping costs have stopped me from buying many a item from the states. I realize that shipping cost will be more going into another country, but they don't don't need to take advantage of us.

. i wish i had known that peter was doing a workshop in queensland, i would have made an effort to attend.

cheers

caroline

Now that Peter has joined the forum, hopefully we will be better informed where he is going to be and what he is teaching. We try to keep the calendar updated, but cant post what we dont know about. So if anyone has information on an upcoming class or event, add it to the calendar or let one of the moderators know so they can do it. I hate to see anyone miss a class that they would have attended if they would have known about it.

Clay